• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

open clear roads

TRJeff

Planning to use Hwy 14 from Ranchester Wy. thru Yellowstone N.P. then Hwy 20 down around Idaho then to rally. open or ice / snow blown roads would be a big concern. I have the WYDOT app, but it is questionable as to what condition it would be on 2 wheels. are there any better sources for information on actual conditions (back tracking would be huge out of the way) Don't want my wife having to drive thru snow.

Planning to use Hwy 14 from Ranchester Wy. thru Yellowstone N.P. then Hwy 20 down around Idaho then to rally. open or ice / snow blown roads would be a big concern. I have the WYDOT app, but it is questionable as to what condition it would be on 2 wheels. are there any better sources for information on actual conditions (back tracking would be huge out of the way) Don't want my wife having to drive thru snow.
Similar routing for me about 12 days out.
June any date, makes a significant difference on conditions, especially on the primary State routes. The elevation/pass’s can be hit or miss until, sometimes mid-late June. I believe you’re ok, like me.
Maybe a call to lodging on your route a few days before would help confirm.

Fyi regarding some other roads in the area/on the way …

OR 242 (McKenzie Pass): ODOT estimates the earliest it will open will be the third Monday in June (17th).

Crater Lake Natl Park North Entrance opening “sometime in June or July.”

Lassen Volcanic National Park Highway as of last week had ten miles left to plow, I was there later in June last year and it was still closed, but maybe this year will get lucky.

Tioga Pass (CA 120) through Yosemite there’s no projected opening date yet - and on the weekends (every day from 1 July to 16 Aug) you’ll need a reservation to enter the park ($2, do it online). The other passes in the area are open though; Sonora (CA 108), Ebbetts (CA 4), Monitor (CA 89) and Daggett (NV 207) in particular are fun rides.

Just heard from Nate at Bear Lodge Resort that Hwy 14A is open and clear all the way. Bear Lodge is at Burgess Junction on 14A.

Looks like Bear Tooth Pass is still closed but being cleared.

Fyi regarding some other roads in the area/on the way …

OR 242 (McKenzie Pass): ODOT estimates the earliest it will open will be the third Monday in June (17th).

Crater Lake Natl Park North Entrance opening “sometime in June or July.”

Lassen Volcanic National Park Highway as of last week had ten miles left to plow, I was there later in June last year and it was still closed, but maybe this year will get lucky.

Tioga Pass (CA 120) through Yosemite there’s no projected opening date yet - and on the weekends (every day from 1 July to 16 Aug) you’ll need a reservation to enter the park ($2, do it online). The other passes in the area are open though; Sonora (CA 108), Ebbetts (CA 4), Monitor (CA 89) and Daggett (NV 207) in particular are fun rides.
We're planning (tentatively) to come into Redmond from Pendleton through Prineville. Any update on US 395 & US 26?

Back