• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Older new guy

Hi all I'm rejoining after quite a long absence .
I left motorcycling in 2015 after the birth of my Granson. Sold my 1250 GS and never looked back. THEN a couple months ago the itch started.
A visit to a couple MC shops I realized a lighter bike is more appropriate for me. I went to demo day at MAX BMW. I fell in Love with the F750gs
Sport.
So I'm back riding the great back roads of CT.

Good Thinking, TLAS! Glad U came back...

Mrs-HSV put 169K on her F650GS, so I’m certain your GS will take U wherever U need to go! It’s gone on to live down in south HSV.

I suggest U add some LED lights for Conspicuity’s sake. Perhaps Skeen lights, they’re easy to install and catch the eyes of the Distracted Drivers.
They’ll probably do more for your safety than adding "Loud Pipes." :whistle
>>> https://skenelights.com <<<

Happy Trails whenever U can - Ciao!
HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen
USAF-Ret'd — & — USN-Ret’d

'75 R90S ————— '82 R100CS
’09 KLX250S ——— ’08 CRF230L
'14 K16GT ———— '16 R1200RS
’05 Vespa 200L
:beer

Hi all I'm rejoining after quite a long absence .
I left motorcycling in 2015 after the birth of my Granson. Sold my 1250 GS and never looked back. THEN a couple months ago the itch started.
A visit to a couple MC shops I realized a lighter bike is more appropriate for me. I went to demo day at MAX BMW. I fell in Love with the F750gs
Sport.
So I'm back riding the great back roads of CT.

Well, we're in a similar boat ! I turned 71 in June and got into an RT mainly due to the seat height of my former V Strom Suzuki (i.e. high CG and seat height were more of a problem for me than was the weight of the bike). However, as much as I love my 1200 RT, I so wish BMW could come up with a "down sized" version of the bike, with all the bells and whistles. At this point in my life, I am fortunate enough financially that I can buy any bike I want. So, I'd love to see a boxer of about 600-800 cc and maybe maxing out at 400 to 450 lbs. I am only 140 lbs with a 30" inseam, so the current RT is getting heavier every day !! I laid off riding for about 15 years, then bought a V Strom (not really knowing what I was doing). That was 11 years ago. As it turns out, the bike was very reliable but WAY too high off the ground for my body weight and inseam. I had to tip-toe the bike at rest...a very insecure feeling. I also admit to having dropped that bike several times in slow speed maneuvering !! Not good ! In any event, GLTY with your re-acquaintance with motorcycling ! It is indeed a joyous activity in which to engage, albeit a dangerous one. Take advantage of any rider safety courses ! They are very worthwhile !

Well, we're in a similar boat ! I turned 71 in June and got into an RT mainly due to the seat height of my former V Strom Suzuki (i.e. high CG and seat height were more of a problem for me than was the weight of the bike). However, as much as I love my 1200 RT, I so wish BMW could come up with a "down sized" version of the bike, with all the bells and whistles. At this point in my life, I am fortunate enough financially that I can buy any bike I want. So, I'd love to see a boxer of about 600-800 cc and maybe maxing out at 400 to 450 lbs. I am only 140 lbs with a 30" inseam, so the current RT is getting heavier every day !! I laid off riding for about 15 years, then bought a V Strom (not really knowing what I was doing). That was 11 years ago. As it turns out, the bike was very reliable but WAY too high off the ground for my body weight and inseam. I had to tip-toe the bike at rest...a very insecure feeling. I also admit to having dropped that bike several times in slow speed maneuvering !! Not good ! In any event, GLTY with your re-acquaintance with motorcycling ! It is indeed a joyous activity in which to engage, albeit a dangerous one. Take advantage of any rider safety courses ! They are very worthwhile !

Not meaning to sound blasphemous on a BMW site, but Honda has made a few good middleweight tourers and sport tourers.

NT 700V (which I’ve owned) and NC 750X come to mind.

Back