• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Noise and Dyna Beads?

stokesrl

I just put a new set of Pilot 3's on my 2007 rt1200. We used dyna beads. I've noticed a wining noise that starts at about 5 MPH. After about 20 mph - I don't hear it because of wind noise. Is it possible it's the dyna beads making a noise> Any other ideas? revving the engine, pulling in the brake or clutch in doesn't change it - only the rolling speed.

Some tires make noise. The Metzlers my bike came with sang when cornering. I went through a pair of PR2' that were quiet when they were new but got noisy as they wore.

Installed a new pair of Bridgestones, and they have been noisy from the first mile. I believe what you're hearing is just tire noise.

I've had pilot-3's before and they were quiet. I was concerned it might be the front wheel bear (maybe tightened it too tight). I loosened the axel and torqued to spec and it didnt change anything. If it is the tires, hopefullythey will quiet down after they break in.

When I change my tires and install Dyna Beads, if I listen very carefully as I turn the wheel by hand, -- and there's no background noise -- I can just barely hear a very faint sound from the beads inside.

It's not the beads you're hearing.

Continuing the hijack... :wave

my brother told me a good one,a trailer of a semi had two rear blowouts and dumped what LOOOKED like a five gallon pail of dynabeads over the road and when the state patrol showed up they wanted all the beads cleaned up on the side of the road or a contracter was going to be called to clean it up and charged to his company. :lol
the trailer was not his companys trailer.

IMO it matters not whose trailer it was, the tires blew when dude was driving, therefore dude holds the bag. Too had the state police don't fine truckers for tire blowouts up here in the high traffic corridor of the Eastern seaboard/mid Atlantic region. Tire bits and truck parts are all over the place, all the time. Often, it's just not possible to swerve far enough to avoid running right over them in your car or truck. Or to get out of the way when one blows in front of you. A real PIA.

Continuing the hijack... :wave

IMO it matters not whose trailer it was, the tires blew when dude was driving, therefore dude holds the bag. Too had the state police don't fine truckers for tire blowouts up here in the high traffic corridor of the Eastern seaboard/mid Atlantic region. Tire bits and truck parts are all over the place, all the time. Often, it's just not possible to swerve far enough to avoid running right over them in your car or truck. Or to get out of the way when one blows in front of you. A real PIA.

uhhhhh....remind me never to go there!

I MAY have found the answer. I have been riding in the mid 20's temperature and hearing the noise. A couple days ago, it warmed up to 40 degress and the sound was a lot quieter. I will keep tracking and let you know.

Anyone try the pr4s yet, i jes mounted a set. i have about 400miles on em, the jurys still out.

PR4's arrive Friday. Dynabeads arrived yesterday. Will get the whole thing put together next week and report. Got 12,125 miles on the PR3's with Dynabeads. :clap

Back