• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

No "Standard" editor in Chrome, Firefox, Edge?

lkraus

Today I find that the Standard editor options are not appearing in my Chrome, Firefox or Edge browsers, two different PCs, Windows 7 and 10 - I'm just getting the "Basic" editor with no formatting tools. Changing the editor options in my forum profile has no effect. I do see the full set of format tools in Internet Explorer, my least favorite browser.

Is this a system problem or am I just "special"?

EDIT: Also finding that attempts to edit this message in Chrome apparently changes the message, but does not return me to the forum. I simply remain in the edit window with no indication the changes were saved.

From something I poset the other day-

Try clearing your browser history if it doesn't clear on it's own. The clearing would include history, cache, and cookies.
I have found that this is frequently a "down stream" problem as much as anything. Another quick try is turning your modem off for 15 minutes and having another look.
Let us know how you make our.
OM

Also- how is the forum working out for you on your (another) device?

Let us know how you make out.
Gary

Edit- you should also try logging out on all your browsers and then "quit" each browser then try a normal login (requiring your password) on the browser of your choice.

I'm running Win10 with Edge browser. I just changed in Settings > General Settings between the Basic and Standard editor. The Basic editor had just the box...the Standard editor had all of the features.

I don't think anything has changed on the forum side. :dunno

Guess I'm special, but I now have the formatting tools back.

In toggling back and forth a couple times between Standard and Basic, I apparently left my settings in Basic mode before I tried a second PC, so that part of the problem was all my doing. Cache/cookie/history clearing, extension disabling, system cleaning, virus checking etc. all took place after I made that mistake, so I'm not sure what actually cleared the problem.

I am sure the problem initially existed for both Chrome and Firefox on my main desktop, as trying Firefox is my standard response when Chrome gives odd results. Weird thing is that Standard mode was working fine just four hours earlier. The only change I made in the meantime was the installation of H&R Block tax software. Running the program itself does not seem to affect the forum editor, so maybe it was something in the setup program? :scratch Very weird.

I'm going to blame my settings error on mind fog induced by tax preparation and hope everything remains stable.

Thanks to both of you for your help!

Back