• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

new toy

rayma60927

I picked up my new blue and silver rt1200 yesterday . This is my first bmw after riding hondas etc. the last 30 years. I added on the bmw tankbag and trunk before bringing it home where it now sits while snow and ice storms keep it idle. At least the ride home ( 75 MILES) was fun , even though it was 32 degrees I kept warm with proper gear and turning the seat and grip heaters on. Im going to buy a tire repair kit to carry with me . Can anyone recommend which is best . the plugs shaped like a mushroom or the string style plugs. Well guess I will go out to the garage and see if I can figure out how to operate all the buttons for the radio and the computer, I wish my area had some more bmw riders around to set up some rides. See you in west bend .

Congrats and take a deep bow! Your situation reminds me of mine... bringing the RT home right before the weekly series of winter storms visited my neighborhood and many others nearby. But at least it was home! One night I sat down with the RT radio manual and it is once seriously feature rich thing. Just gonna have to figure some of it out this year. No specific tire plugging solution recommendation... many are excellent including Stop N Go.

Ray:

Congratulations. Your profile doesn't say where you reside, but there's probably lots of BMW riders in your area. And they'll be happy to give their riding impressions of your new RT. :D

Rinty

I'm new to this site as well. After riding with someone a handful of times I decided to take the plunge: in November I learned to ride, took the class, and forked over the cash for the newest (and last) dakar. I look forward to many fun rides ahead!
Anyone out there from Central Oregon? 1/2 the riding family is in Eugene and the other 1/2 in Indiana.....it'd be good to meet some local yocals....

~Heather

You may want to check to see if you got the kit with the bike? My RT came with one. If not the other one I have heard good reviews of is the Stop and Go system. You might also want to talk with your dealer and see if when you get your next set of tires about before he unmounts them practicing sealing a puncture. It is better to do it in the store where it is well lit, dry, and warm then on the side of the road for the first time. DAMHIK, IJK.

Clifton?

Well, heck, if you're in Clifton (that's just a guess), you're not all that far from me and I had just 300 miles or so on the new RT before the weather went bad. More snow last night and even more this afternoon/evening. Just got done shoveling again, if fact. (Yes, by hand, woot!)

Anyroad, once the weather breaks I'd be more than willing to meet you halfway and maybe we can do this break-in thing together. I've already made a run to Joliet; not the most scenic ride but not horrible either.

So if Clifton was a good guess and you're interested give me a shout.

Cool.

Wez

Back