• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New R1200RS Announced

So Al, have you ordered one yet to replace that Pathetic Blue R1100S?

Just curious. :brad

Waiting for a test ride. Problem is, the current ride only has 75,000 km on it, runs great, and does everything I want it to do - and much better than the school bus yellow/pencil lead grey variety. :D

I should know what I'm going to do in the next 4 weeks or so.

Waiting for a test ride. Problem is, the current ride only has 75,000 km on it, runs great, and does everything I want it to do - and much better than the school bus yellow/pencil lead grey variety. :D

I should know what I'm going to do in the next 4 weeks or so.

Haven't seen one in the flesh yet, but the pics are very interesting. Taking my Superior S in for an abs flush and fill sometime this month, so I'll take a peek at that new RS at South Sound BMW.

I'd never tell those RS scoundrels this...but I do actually like the RS machines, too bad they're so slow. :)

Cheers! Bill

Yeah, I hear you. The real question for you S aficionados is will there be a new S? If so, is that a better route for you guys?

Doubt there could be a new S that would attract this OLD boy! LOL. For me a big part of the attraction of my S is that it hits a sweet spot in the balance of sport/touring. Owned naked bikes, full faired standards, pure sports machines, and yes, dirt bikes. My '04 S pretty much fulfills the ideals of performance, comfort, practicality, and gorgeous styling that floats my boat very nicely. And, with my Scots heritage, I'm "thrifty". As I near the point where I'm getting closer to hanging up my riding spurs, a new bike just doesn't fit the equation.:)

Honda 250 scrambler, Honda 305 scrambler, Hodaka super rat, Honda 450, Honda 750F1-Windjammer, (notice a trend?), Suzuki 850-Pacifico Aero, Suzuki 1000G, Suzuki 1000G-Windjammer, Suzuki 1100 Katana, (another trend? lol), Suzuki Wes Cooley replica 1000, Ducati 900 SS/CR, Ducati 900 SS/SP, BMW R1150R (finally!), then this school bus yellow/pencil lead gray R1100S! :dance

OTOH, this new RS is really a sweet looking ride...and guess it might be fast enough for me!:brad

Cheers! Bill

The real question for you S aficionados is will there be a new S? If so, is that a better route for you guys?

To my mind, this new RS is the new S. To my mind, with its abbreviated fairing it is much more an evolutionized S than an RS. I may be asking you for one of your patented RS-to-S conversion kits. :D

To my mind, this new RS is the new S. To my mind, with its abbreviated fairing it is much more an evolutionized S than an RS. I may be asking you for one of your patented RS-to-S conversion kits. :D

It's definitely the new 1100S. If they do a new waterboxer 1200S, it'll be more like the hexhead 1200S and be more sport bike than touring. I loved my 1200S, but it never got ridden because my RT was just too much fun. I would have been happier on an 1100S (or now this new 1200RS).

Shipping

I heard that they have some of them 2016 - R1200RS on a boat to the U.S. So sometime in ''early second quarter" seems reasonable.

Last edited:
When I sat on the new RS, I found the seating position essentially the same as my R1150RS. But my RS has bar backs! The forward lean on the new bike is very slight. Fans of the S may be disappointed, but I found it very comfortable.

I heard that they have some of them 2016 - R1200RS on a boat to the U.S. So sometime in ''early second quarter" seems reasonable.

At the Montreal show last week end the BMW factory guy said May was the first delivery...this is consistent with what my dealer said (April or May). The dealers have no control of what options are on the bikes at this point...they have to take what the factory ships.

Waiting

Me thinks the camera needs to be mounted higher...or perhaps he just wanted pics of his riding buddies?

Back