• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New member in MD

hraefn

Hello all...I’m a long time Harley Davidson rider who has recently traded in his cruiser/tourer for a lightly used R1200RT. As much as I enjoyed Harleys, I never quite fit in with the Land Pirates, and in any case I love the new bike, which is an absolute delight to ride. I‘M looking forward to learning as much as I can about the world of BMW motorcycles. Thanks!

Welcome! I got back into motorcycling about a year ago when I bought an '03 R1150RT based on one test ride (and not knowing anything else about the brand). The folks on these forums have been incredibly helpful to me. You've come to the right place to learn!

Welcome to the world of BMWs! Where are you located and what type of riding do you like to do? Maybe there's some like-minded owners nearby.

Wilkommen HRAEFN

Welcome to the National Forum. You might be interested in keeping an eye on the Local DMV forum as well. http://www.bmwbmw.org/forums/

And maybe you'll see fit to advance your riding skills at some point in this New Decade. Training is always (well mostly) money well spent. Keep your ear out for possible sessions. We've taken Jim Ford's class (a former salesman for Bob's in MD).
Give a look at: http://www.ridersworkshop.com
Or: http://www.stayinsafe.com

You're gonna need all the skills you can muster to survive the DMV!
Ciao! HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen
. :wave
Formerly of Ft Washington & Indian Head Hwy... :banghead

Extending another Welcome your way! I had a look at the bike photo on your profile page... you knocked it out of the park!

Nice riding also where that pic was taken. What will be your dealer choice?

Hey... Point that machine toward Montana this June. We sorta have a family type party that month.

"travel'n" John

Thanks for the welcome and the kind words. Re my preferred type of riding, I commute on the bike a fair amount, and make day trips into the Appalachians as often as possible ...and longer road trips now and then. Glad to be here!

Back