• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New member from Shelby NC

patriot1

I just wanted to say a big hello from Shelby, NC. I have been riding for many years and really am lucky to live in the western North Carolina foothills. I have owned several BMW Adventures as this is the only bike a guy my size (6'5) can ride comfortably long distances. I hope to continue learning and also helping others with the knowledge I have gained over the years.

I ride where the buffalo still roam :) and am often riding on the Blue Ridge Parkway and Cherohala Scenic Skyway and beyond. So lucky to live where the early settlers designed beautiful motorcycling roads...they just did not know it at the time. :)

"Ride as if your life depends upon it"

Patriot1
Retired and Riding!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 45
Welcome to the forum!
Shelby sounds like a great place. There is a big HAM radio get-together in Shelby. I hope to attend sometime.
Gary

Welcome to the forum!
Shelby sounds like a great place. There is a big HAM radio get-together in Shelby. I hope to attend sometime.
Gary

Shelby is a small town with many little small town treasures such as being the "Livermush Capitol of the South haha. Not a fan of LM but lots of people are. I am still trying to figure out the ingredients. :) being a transplant from the Catskill Mts in upstate NY many years ago I have not developed a taste for the ole LM. The riding around this area is incredible.

It's always good to see a new member from the Carolinas. Glad to have you here! I grew up a little east of Shelby and am one of those LM fans - a regional delicacy that is not easy to find once you get out of your area. Enjoy the fall scenery this time of year!

Back