• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Member from British Columbia

sl1pperman

Hello everyone, just like to introduce myself. It is very cold in British Columbia at the start of 2017 and riding feels like a distant dream right now. I am reading stories of riding around the world, in Road Runner magazine and I saw the 'ad' for BMWMOA and hoped it would give me an additional 'fix'. I have a R1200RS which I bought back in May of 2016 while I was still living in Rossland and believe me that was a great place to ride from, both North and South of the border. In the Summer I moved further east to Fernie and I am looking forward to exploring some new routes in Spring when the mercury rises into positive territory, and the gravel gets cleared from the roads around here.
Hoping to meet some like minded riders on this forum so greetings to you all!!

Welcome welcome to someone as new here as me :) I love BC....I have friends on Vancouver Island and I try to get to Vancouver proper from time to time as well.

Welcome. :ca I've ridden in and around the Fernie area. Lots of good roads there to enjoy, you'll have no trouble rolling up the mileage on the GS.

Welcome, like you say, you're in an area with some great riding.

You should strongly consider making time to go to the 2017 BMW MOA Rally in Salt Lake City this July. It's just over 700 miles form you and a 1-3 day ride depending on your style of riding and route selection. Running down to Boise and across gives some good riding and you'll have a great time at the Rally.

Planning to be though your area (unfortunately in a cage) in September. Haven't been through there since the mid-70's.

Last edited:
Welcome sl from the southern edge of the US:wave

Alan...maybe too many zeros in your post:scratch.or you are quite the LD rider and warp speed capable:laugh:laugh:laugh

Thanks for all the welcomes!!

Hi There, many thanks for the welcome messages.

I am seriously considering the Salt Lake City Rally, maybe even on the return journey from the Monterey Peninsula the week before.

:thumb

If you're headed in the area, especially western Washington, let me know and perhaps we can ride together.

Chris

Welcome to the club and the forums. Get connected, get engaged, make plans to participate, you will not be disappointed. There are some really awesome people and opportunities in this club.

Welcome sl from the southern edge of the US:wave

Alan...maybe too many zeros in your post:scratch.or you are quite the LD rider and warp speed capable:laugh:laugh:laugh
Yes one (1) too many zeros. Thanks for catching that, I'll correct it. Even Carl Reese would require about 5 days to traverse 7,000 miles.:)

Hi There, many thanks for the welcome messages.
I am seriously considering the Salt Lake City Rally, maybe even on the return journey from the Monterey Peninsula the week before.
:thumb
If you're riding up from there than it would be a real shame not to be able to fit SLC in.

Back