• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New member - 2007 R1200RT Blue

mikegalbicka

Back in the saddle again
Put down my Triumphs 35 years ago to raise a family but now nearing retirement and still getting the fever every spring decided I better get back in the saddle before I get too old to do it! The wife and I wanted to do some touring and I wanted a bike to commute to work so decided on the RT and found a nice blue one which was our favorite color with 32K miles at a good price. We live in central Florida and it seems my choices for service are BMW Motorrad dealers in Tampa, Orlando or Daytona Beach. Also Rennsport Motorrad in Deland but I found some older negative posts about the owner. Any recommendations from those in the area? I want the best mechanics available and don't mind a longer drive. I will teach myself to do most of the maintenance over time but right now need a good thorough service before my first trip. Looking forward to becoming a contributing member here over time. Until then thanks in advance for the help I am sure to receive. Feel free to give me any tips now to get me started. After browsing the forums for a while while trying to determine what bike would fit us best I have already learned a lot, like I better go ahead and replace the windscreen swing arms soon!

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to the forum and thanks for being a member!

I'm sure you'll enjoy the new scoot.

Good Luck and welcome. Here's to many smoothe curving miles of smiles..

Best type of mental refresh and stress relief that I know of..
I to am also a new member in Missouri crossing state lines next week to pick up a blur 2008 R1200 RT as a second bike to my 2008 Pearl White Electra Glide Ultra.

Back