• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New/Improved Fuel Strip

dennypink

DennyPink
Wondering what the success rate is with the "new and improved" fuel strip, part # 16-14-1-600-132? Has anyone had an updated one in for any length of time, and are they a longevity improvement? Thanks!
DP

The new strip has only been available for about a year and a half, and I think most of the old ones lasted that long.

But I've not heard of any failures with the new part, yet.

The original on my '06 is still working (fingers crossed).

I have the new and improved for about year now. So far so good. This is my 4th fuel strip, the first one that I had to pay for.

Kind of surprised the strip was still being used then.

I believe the 2013 R1200R was the last of that model to use the fuel strip. I'm not sure about the other models mentioned, but the TSB will be ending 12 years after the inservice date of the last affected bike, probably sometime in 2025.

Doug

Wondering what the success rate is with the "new and improved" fuel strip, part # 16-14-1-600-132? Has anyone had an updated one in for any length of time, and are they a longevity improvement? Thanks!
DP

The original strip lasted until 2020 at 85,750 miles in my 2007 R1200RT. I had the 3rd fuel strip installed today at 109,800 miles. I'll let everyone know how long this new and improved one lasts.
DP

Back