• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Need Some Insight

JWILLIS125911

I purchased a used 2006 K1200GT in February from a dealer in FL. The bike had relatively low mileage (4,200). I have around 10,100 miles on it now.

At about the 8,800 mile mark I noticed a "wobble." The dealership changed tires for me as I was contemplating a Saddle Sore 1000. The wobble just got worse. Took it back to the dealer. Eventually they determined the rear drive failed. They replaced the rear drive.

On the way home from that repair, I detected the steering was still compromised but this time it was as if the front wheel was floating loose. Took it back and the dealership determined the ball joint(s) in the front end failed (apparantly the bottom portion was completely loose or disengaged).

On the test drive from the repair of the ball joint, the brake sensor (the one warning of low pads) failed. After that was fixed, I still detect the steering is compromised. This time it feels as I am riding behind a semi-truck when I reach freeway speeds.

Any ideas? Any experiences? I think it may be the steering damper or the ESA system. I am also concerned the transmission could have been damaged.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Sorry to hear about such a lemon. Do you have any other dealer's to tap? Why are they letting this bike out of the shop when it's not right? Did you buy this bike from the same dealer? Or private sale? Do you know it's history?

Back