• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Need a jacket and pants

uscal30

Help, I need to get some solid info on a quality cool to cold weather jacket/pants that are moderatly priced. I am currently wearing Rev'it! Air force jacket and Challenge pants. Great for the hot weather. Mornings are starting to cool to low 50's and mid 40's. Thanks. Joe

I really like my First Gear Stuff.

Incidentally I was coming on to post about how happy I was with some recent service.

I have all First Gear riding attire.

Voyager Jacket. Parka Style. I don't think they make it anymore. Equivalent now I believe is the Kilimanjaro. Great jacket. I have ridden comfortably without electrics in some pretty cold temps. 17F running 75+mph. Great Jacket. With the liner in I am very comfortable in the cold. With the liner out I am comfortable from the 40-60F range. Above 60 and I wear my Mesh Tex. I have a mesh jacket and pants as well. I also have my HT Overpants. They have the same liner as my voyager jacket. Same deal.

I just recently got the overpants because I had to send in the mesh tex pants to get the zipper repaired. They just sent me new pants. But in the interim I rode an 85+F day with the HT overpants on and my meshtex jacket and I was comfortable. Hot when not moving but comfortable underway.

Roomy enough to wear as overgear. Comfortable to wear with just underwear on underneath.

Prices...pants less than 200 each. I think the mesh was 116.00 and the HT were 161.00.

Jackets..Mesh I believe runs in the 160s and the Parka style jackets are over 200 usually but you can often find some nice deals for less. I got my Voyager free. Worked it into the deal when I purchased my first motorcycle.

There ya go...go buy a new bike for an excuse to get a new jacket. :ha

First Gear is a great company. Excellent customer service. No questions. They just simply stand by their product.

I also have First Gear rain gear. Rainman Jacket and pants. Solid...have not experienced any leaks yet.

Brian

I have Joe Rocket Ballistic jacket and pants that I like. I wear them 30's to 80 then my Rev-it jacket when it gets warmer but still wear the pants , they have full leg zippers that give great ventilation.
They are 100% water proof (I have found out) and reasonably priced.

Top of the line - BMW Jackets

Most bang for the buck - Belstaff The Brits are expert at keeping the weather out.

Always worth a look - First Gear <- Nice Review Here

Have owned all three and never disappointed.

Thanks for your input. I will definately check out your suggestions. I've also gone back and read older postings to see what others thought. I'm looking forward to extending my riding season as far as possible. Thanks again!

Joe

riding gear

For hot weather, I like First Gear Armoured Mesh jacket and pants.

For less than steaming hot, I like the British (BMC)gear that Belquar turned me onto.I understand that the same company makes the BMW gear.

Leathers? Check out Spidi.

If you have an unlimited checking account, look into the BMW gear.

I've got a Belstaff jacket, and Firstgear pants.

Both have removable liners. The fit is good, and I really like them.

Be sure to check out www.newenough.com. They're a great online source for moto clothes.

Riding Jacket & Pants and why not some gloves

Check out Tourmasters Caliber pants and the Jett jacket for good value and quality fit. The pants come in short, regular and tall sizes. You can pick up both pieces plus grab some Olympia leather rain gloves for around $250. Very good all weather comfort and protection. I got mine at Iron Pony.

I tested it while fully vented in 90 degree weather, stays cool as long as you're moving down the road. If you ride without the liners when travelling pack them in a fabric bag and you have a comfortable pillow when you grab some zzzs.

Good luck!

Olympia worth a look

I've used or have First Gear, Cortech, and others - all very good. However, I think Olympia has about the most well-thought out line of motorcycle clothing on the market at the time. Check them out if you can and compare with the other brands. Get what has the features you want and fits you the best.

http://www.olympiamotosports.com/

Back