• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Navigator VI (Nav-VI)...Tips and Tricks

I posted this under another thread. Anyone's NAV VI crash after newest update? I have two. One went totally bonkers and one is acting strange. Also I still get the must use bike when trying to access the media player. The dealer sent one back to Garmin the other I am waiting to see what happens. I can't find a way to undo the last backup. The dealer took the returned one on a ride and had the route planning problem.

Mine crashed last weekend while navigating a custom trip. I got it back by performing a reset but that wipes all your trips and tracks data. Luckily it was a local ride. If I was on a long cross country ride this would be a problem. I will now carry an otg cable so I can recover my information using my phone. All my routes are stored on the FUKOT website and Google drive. I wonder if that data can be accessed it's stored on an sd card in the NAV?

I've also had some crashing issues since the 4.90 update - yet another "bug" introduced with this update it appears. We should each go to myGarmin.com and register this particular issue. Please do folks - I think they are getting sick of hearing from me.

Navigator Pairing Sequence

hey guys, would appreciate the recommended pairing set up for my navigator. I am using a send 30K and Iphone. I had it working once but then resent it and cant remember the correct pairing set up. I am fine with controlling everything from the Navigator. I have been trying a whole bunch of scenarios without success

Pairing sequence

I think I found a sequence that works. First I paired the Sena to the navigator as a phone. Then I used the second phone pairing to pair the Sena and fhe iPhone. Then I paired the phone to the navigator. It seems to all work. I can select and control music from the navigator and make phone calls. I can also use the phone button on the Sena which bring up Siri to be able to use voice to dial or start music. I can hear the navigation commands from the gps. The only think 8 have left to test is the intercom function with another rider. Let’s hops that all works out.

Hey guys.
So today I went to update my Nav 6 and when I connected to the PC via USB it wasn't recognized. I tried reboots of the GPS and my laptop. I tried the standard plug and unplug.

I've tried connecting via Bluetooth and through 3 different apps on the laptop.

Nothing has worked.

Anyone else experiencing issues?

Hey guys.
So today I went to update my Nav 6 and when I connected to the PC via USB it wasn't recognized. I tried reboots of the GPS and my laptop. I tried the standard plug and unplug.

Nothing has worked.

Do you have a 2nd USB port you can try?

Hey guys.

Nothing has worked.

Okay, well it seems I posted too quickly, I've solved my own issue. I swapped out USB cables 3 times and the 3rd one worked. I don't know why as the other 2 are perfectly fine.

Okay, well it seems I posted too quickly, I've solved my own issue. I swapped out USB cables 3 times and the 3rd one worked. I don't know why as the other 2 are perfectly fine.

Could be they are charge only cables. Charge and data cables look essentially the same. try with another device and mark em somehow, usually red band for charge only.

Also, I have found that for USB connectivity, Garmins and just about everything else can sometimes not be immediately recognized. It can take 1-3+ minutes for the computer to recognize the attached USB device at times.

Navigator VI being replaced after 4.90 update

Garmin, in their wisdom, decided to RMA my hardware and want to replace it, saying the "screen flickering" is a known issue. It was unknown to me before updating to software version 4.90 so I'm a little skeptical but hey, if they want to send me a new device I'll try that.

I would not expect it will make a bit of difference to the other navigational errors and bugs that are currently "open cases" with Garmin. I will keep this thread updated. Please spread the word to other websites you may visit on these issues so as many as possible contact Garmin directly and open their own cases.

I've had "screen flickering" on previous older GPS units (one Garmin and one TomTom) but not on my Navigators. It started to occur as they were starting to crap out due to age. Used to have to perform a "soft-boot" sometimes and others a "hard-boot" on the units to get it to stop. Eventually both died but only after years of service back when these units weren't as "relatively" trouble-free as they are today.

Hi folks. I have had the Nav Vi for a couple of months and it's been difficult to get information. The manual has virtually nothing on the apps. I cannot get the My Motorcycle app at all. Is it not available on the K1600?
It seems to me there is a lot of missing information.

Anybody have any further news on My Motocycle app not working on 2016 K1600? I sent an email to Garmin last week and got a reply saying it should work and to check with the dealer.
Have not yet done that but I assume he will want to see the Nav 6 in the bike which ain’t going to happen for three months.
Thanks

Anybody have any further news on My Motocycle app not working on 2016 K1600? I sent an email to Garmin last week and got a reply saying it should work and to check with the dealer.
Have not yet done that but I assume he will want to see the Nav 6 in the bike which ain’t going to happen for three months.
Thanks

I remember a few years back where some people could not view My Motorcycle. In those cases they did not have the Computer Pro installed on their bike.
I would be surprised if a 2016 K1600 did not have the Computer Pro option.
Just to be sure you could ask your dealer if your bike has this option.

Thanks Lee
I checked it but don’t see any mention of Computer Pro. Is that supposed to be an option of some sort.

When we purchased our 2016 R1200RSs in 2016 I made sure our bikes had that option. I also asked the shop to make sure Ride Mode Pro was installed.
These were part of a package but some of the early bikes did not leave the factory with them installed.

I would ask your dealer how much it would cost to add Computer Pro.

Just a quick note, for those that aren't reasonably computer savvy, you need to remove the "query.php" from the end. Leaving it there generates an error message because that is the result page of the query, not the query page itself.
http://www.bimmer.work/

Thanks
I didn't notice the query.php was added when I copied and pasted the url.

I edited my post to correct the url.

Back