• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

My Package's Roundabout Delivery Route

88bmwjeff

SF Bay Area
So, I’m one of those impatient individuals who likes to track my packages, so I can make sure I’m home and check the front door for delivery in hopes of avoiding it being stolen. Lately, I had ordered something that took the scenic route around the San Francisco Bay Area.

Here’s the route it took. For those unfamiliar with the San Francisco Bay Area, I add distances and directions between the destinations.

1/7, the package was shipped from Southern California
1/9, 5:45 pm, it arrived at the San Francisco USPS Distribution Center
1/10, 8:00 am , it was in Santa Rosa (±50 miles north of San Francisco)
1/10, 8:00 pm, it was back at the San Francisco USPS Distribution Center
1/10, 11:30 pm, it was at the Oakland USPS Distribution Center (±11 miles east of San Francisco)
1/11, 5:00 am, it was at the San Jose USPS Distribution Center (±36 miles south of Oakland)
1/11, 9:00 pm, it was back at the Oakland USPS Distribution Center
The package must have needed a rest, since it stayed in Oakland for a few days
1/15, 4:15 am, it was in Walnut Creek (±13 miles east of Oakland)
1/16, delivered.

I’ve tracked many other packages delivered by USPS, and they’ve never taken this circuitous route. I can only guess that good help is hard to find. :scratch

I’m trying to avoid anything time-sensitive or package delivery with USPS. I did a Registered, Return Receipt going about 18 air miles 4 months ago. Still nothing beyond how important RRR is to the Post Office to give it special care, consideration and security. :poop:
OM

A short while ago, I ordered up a part from a shop in north-central California; I forget which one.
Of course I followed the tracking...
The shop put it in the mail, and it took two days to get to San Francisco.
Then it went to Chicago's post office (who promptly sent it to Los Angeles).
Makes me wonder what they're smokin' up there in "The City", and if they'd share any of it.

If I wrote a letter to my neighbor it would go to Helena (16 miles), be trucked to Great Falls to be sorted (90 miles), trucked back to Helena (90 miles) and be trucked to my neighbor (16 miles).

I went to a relatives cremains burial at the local cemetery and asked why there was such a delay in his burial. He passed in FL. and apparently traveled around the world lost until he made it to his hometown again. Not so unusual I suppose to those of us who enjoy travel!

A short while ago, I ordered up a part from a shop in north-central California; I forget which one.
Of course I followed the tracking...
The shop put it in the mail, and it took two days to get to San Francisco.
Then it went to Chicago's post office (who promptly sent it to Los Angeles).
Makes me wonder what they're smokin' up there in "The City", and if they'd share any of it.
On Mission St. in the 900 block. Even has a use lounge. I dunno if they'll share, but you can certainly buy some. :ha

On Mission St. in the 900 block. Even has a use lounge. I dunno if they'll share, but you can certainly buy some. :ha

Dang,
I appraised a building on that same block of Mission Street a few months ago. If I had only known about them a few months ago.

I’ve tracked many other packages delivered by USPS, and they’ve never taken this circuitous route. I can only guess that good help is hard to find. :scratch
I have a package tor the USA once in while.

I had an order coming out of Illinois. Tracking showed it in Minneapolis, (I am in Fargo, ND) The next time I checked tracking it showed up in Seattle, WA. Then it was watching tracking as it headed back to Fargo.

I just got a package from Ohio. It took two weeks to get here. It apparently was tired as it would sit at a warehouse for a 2-3 days before moving on.

Dang,
I appraised a building on that same block of Mission Street a few months ago. If I had only known about them a few months ago.
There's a hotel right next door that's like a Best Western or something. Watching tourists roll out of their airport bus and realize they're right next to a dispensary is pretty funny. They usually have the windows open so Mission St. smells like weed downwind.

:ha

Ordered Royal Enfield accessories from India.
Package entered via NYC which is 8 miles from my home.
It went to teterboro, 1/4 mile from me, I can see the building.
It went to South Hackensack, 2 miles away.
No further tracking info for a week. Silence.
I go to S.Hackensack and inquire. They do a manual search while I wait. Not found.
i let it go for another 10 days and go back. They say it’s not there, another person suggests I should check at my local post office.
I go there and as soon as I gave my name, they grab the package which was 3 feet from the counter and remark- “It's been here 3 weeks and we were going to send it back tomorrow.

I go to S.Hackensack and inquire. They do a manual search while I wait. Not found.
i let it go for another 10 days and go back. They say it’s not there, another person suggests I should check at my local post office.
I go there and as soon as I gave my name, they grab the package which was 3 feet from the counter and remark- “It's been here 3 weeks and we were going to send it back tomorrow.
That's odd.
Why didn't they deliver it to you?

Fortunately, there is a spectacular Mail Carrier on my mail route. He will get me mail that is addressed to my street address and put it into my P. O. Box.
This includes flyers in which, at the P. O., the walk past my P. O. Box to throw it away claiming “3rd class mail doesn’t get forwarded“! :scratch:poop:
OM

Fortunately, there is a spectacular Mail Carrier on my mail route. He will get me mail that is addressed to my street address and put it into my P. O. Box.
This includes flyers in which, at the P. O., the walk past my P. O. Box to throw it away claiming “3rd class mail doesn’t get forwarded“! :scratch:poop:
OM
Hope you take care of him at Christmas.

Back