• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

My Browns side stand install

The mounting instructions are fine however the front mount to the exhaust pipe is not a good idea. Dennis Darrow has the right approach.
I used cheap and easy BMW frame mount brackets like so.
BMW Part Numbers for the Clamp and Bow
46712302079 $6.05
46712302080 $5.46

View attachment 61576

This is SO much more solid than the exhaust pipe which will be ruined by the constant wrangling from the sidestand. As a bonus, it holds the exhaust pipe better as well.

Wish I had thought of this before doing all that drilling, etc. well done.

Does anyone use the Browns as per the mounting instructions? No extra brace or re enforcing?

Yeah, the photos I posted are "per the mounting instructions" No problems at all. YMMV. But contrary to tribal lore, I use the center stand more than the side stand.

Does anyone use the Browns as per the mounting instructions? No extra brace or re enforcing?

I have seen many Browns style stands mounted as per the instructions. I have only seen photos (the two in this thread) of stands with re-enforcement.

I installed a Browns on my '71 /5 when the original wore out. It's been on for 15+ years with no issues, other than a bit of rust which I cleaned up after taking this photo.

i-VSztz8T-M.jpg

Back