• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Motorcycle Lift Table

Thanks for the laugh !

You do not need a lift gate. Hell, I unloaded mine from my pickup-truck by myself. You do not need to LIFT 359 pounds, you only need to LOWER it. If you put an old mattress or a couple of old pallets, or some old trash cans or... (I hope you get the picture by now) on the ground behind the semi-trailer, you can push the crate out of the back of the truck until it is ALMOST at the tipping point. Then, get out and, standing to the side, pull it until it starts tipping. Lower it to the ground, or drop it onto the mattress (or equiv.). You never need to lift the entire crate off of the ground. From where you have it, on or near the ground, remove what you can of the crate. If the thing is upside down you can turn it over all by yourself. Most of the weight stays on the ground. Again, you do not have to lift the whole thing off the ground. Once you get it assembled, it is on wheels. Roll it into place.

Screw them and their $70. If you feel you must, spend the money on pizza and beer and hire some neighbors to help you. Build goodwill and peace with your neighbors instead of paying Yellow Dog Freight.

Better yet, pick it up at the Yellow Freight Terminal. THEY will load it into your (or a friend's) pickup truck. Like I said earlier, I unloaded it from my pickup all by myself, no problem. The bed of a pickup is considerably closer to the ground than the floor of a semi-trailer.

(Note, I am not a teamster and so therefore if you hurt yourself for following advice you got offa the interweb, your chances of suing me and winning anything are as diminished as your capacity. YMMV)

Thanks for the laugh ! If you-all are having a tough time just remember you are supposed to be smarter that a lift . So have a beer relax and push the thing out of the truck , problem solved ! Oh ya it is made of steel so it is kinda hard to damage it but not so much you ! So keep beer intake down to 1 or 2 until on ground and body parts away from said dropping lift ! Now finish 6 pack and get neighbor kid to push into shop .

I too have a Harbour Freight lift and like it very much. Can't beat the price. It's pretty spooky mounting the bike on it by myself though. Usually I have someone spot me while I roll it on. Anyone here figured out how to roll a big bike on safely by yourself?

I load mine by myself. I bolted a sport chock to the table to replace the feeble front wheel clamp. I walk beside it up the ramp with the engine running by slipping the clutch and then the sport chock grabs it and holds it until I can apply safety straps. I have loaded up to a K1100RS this way with no drama.

DSC03391-M.jpg

I also anchor bolted the lift to the floor so that I can tug mightily on it when necessary.

The sport chock will also securely hold the bike backwards - but it indeed takes a second person to place the bike in the chock...

DSC04249.jpg

Last edited:
Lift and seperate...

I came in at a different angle, hoist from the top. All I use it for is tire changes to remove the front wheel. I have not lifted the entire bike using this, just the front end. Haven't really had a need to go beyond that. However it also works well for a 250lb dirt bike and bicycles. Come-along is generic and straps were from Walmart. I just threaded them through so they are only on the metal of the handlebars. Works for me.
P6060287.jpg
P6060288.jpg
P6060289.jpg

Back