• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Montoya goes from F1 to NASCAR

M1ka said:
Montoya goes from F1 to NASCAR , seems a bit strange but what the heck. :lurk

I'm with Ron Dennis on this one. I have two words for JPM, Good Riddance. Nothing illustrates why better than his own interview. Notice how many times he uses "I" and "Me". The word "Team" is used only once, and not by JPM.
By contrast, read or listen to any interview with Michael Schumacher. Notice how many times he says "we" and "us" and "team". The best driver currently driving, possibly of all-time, and it's all about "team".
My prediction for JPM is that he'll drive in NASCAR for a couple of years, with little success, until he's so alienated his co-workers that he's asked to move on, again.
I thought it was kind of funny when drivers were interviewed in Canada regarding JPMs situation. Most wished him well and were positive but Schumacher, when asked if he thought JPM would do well in Nascar, simply shrugged and said "Not really".

dlearl476 said:
I thought it was kind of funny when drivers were interviewed in Canada regarding JPMs situation. Most wished him well and were positive but Schumacher, when asked if he thought JPM would do well in Nascar, simply shrugged and said "Not really".

With an attitude like that from Schummi no wonder BMW talked to him. He would fit right in especially if he rides a bike :D

:hide

I dont think he'll do well either.Fittipaldi didnt do anything,Ganassis cars arent much better than Pettys.If you listened to Windtunnel a week ago,a guy called and talked about people wondering where these"new"guys are coming from.Hey how bout those local short tracks?Great point,and one I tried to make in my earlier post.I dont care about Montoya,I care about J.J.Yeley,Kasey Kahne,Stewart,Schrader and the rest of the guys I've seen at Eldora,Fremont Toledo,etc.Ganassi couldnt drive a nail,he's done alot of spending what he got from daddy.Foyt's another one on my list,all for the IRL,then hires a bunch of foreign nobodys,and yeah,I've heard all about the "money"they bring.They dont bring fans,which is what open wheel needs,ALOT of.The best things to happen to open wheel this year are Sam Hornish,A.J.Allmendinger and Marco Andretti.Oh and one more thing,put Danica Patrick in a 410 sprint at Eldora and see what she's made of!Sarah Fisher would kick her butt!!Now I need a drink!!

Back