• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Monthly MOA 'ON' Magazine...

While scrutinizing my magazine for damage to bitch about, this caught my eye. I am no expert by any means, but I used to have an R65ls and this sure looks like one with some weird Pichler-like fairing. But I could be wrong. Any my hermetically-sealed magazine was otherwise perfect. :jester

Attachments

• Screen shot.jpg
    Screen shot.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 136
It is what it is :stick

...but the ones I have received in the clear plastic wrap make it to Montana...the others are raggy :cry

The month is half over and still no hide nor hair of my magazine. I will wait some more and see what happens. No point in piling on.

If you all haven't received your magazine by now, call the office. I guess the mail delivery is likely to get even worse with all those sorting centers closing down :-(

Those of you who did get your ON, did you like the 40th anniversary sticker?

Muriel

If you all haven't received your magazine by now, call the office. I guess the mail delivery is likely to get even worse with all those sorting centers closing down :-(

Muriel

:brow:)
Got mine in good shape on the 1st, as usual. Wish everyone was as fortunate as I have been.

I will see if I get it on Monday before I call the office. It has never been this late. Maybe they could just send me out April's now:nyah

Muriel

I liked the sticker! :clap It is positioned on the side of my shop fridge, right next to stickers from Carhenge and Billy the Kid's grave.

My magazines arrive at about the same time each month. Once in a while the back cover will be folded and/or torn a bit, but generally I have no complaints. That said.... we know our mail carrier by name and leave her a little something every Christmas.

And for what it's worth..... I will take the printed edition as long as it is available, regardless of any online edition. It is so much easier to just leave ON issues in each of the two bathrooms at the house, than it would be to get online and truck a lap top in. As slow as my internet is, if I had to get online before going, I might not always make it!

I got mine today, and noticed there is some discussion about "digital only" copies again. I am OK with that. What I am a little put out with is it seems that every month there is a lengthy letter to the editor complaining about BMW's current offerings. I don't know how representative of the membership this opinion is, but BMW sales are continuing to increase and I think I read that last year was a record year for sales. So they are doing something right.

I suppose I could just not read these letters, but then I wouldn't have anything to complain about.

ON digital only

I'm not at all interested in "digital only" ON!!!!!!!! I spend more time on the computer with tasks that I must do on the machine. A short, one or two page newsletter I could see as digital only. I like to read the ON for fun, a lot of the time, at the end of the day in my shop. Nothing like cleaning up the day's mess, pulling up a chair (next to the wood stove in winter and near the open barn doors in the summer) listening to jazz with a brew and the ON to read. Perfect day, perfect ending!

That being said, I would not be apposed to downgrading the paper the ON is printed on. That gloss lacquered paper is costly. Newsprint would be OK with me if I was able to download photos or articles that I wanted to save for future use.

If it went "digital only" I would have to think real hard about whether or not I would be willing to pay $40, or even $15 annually to view a website.

The digital only edition would be an option. I would opt for it even without a reduced rate, it would be one less piece of mail to eventually throw away. I completely understand the enjoyment of actually having the magazine though.

Well..I guess we can put this thread to rest..received my April issue all wrapped and nicely protected!:thumb

Thanks,

Clay
Kimberton,Pa.

Well..I guess we can put this thread to rest..received my April issue all wrapped and nicely protected!:thumb

What fun will that be?...Now we can read the gripes about the plastic waste month to month:brow
I didn't need it...oh well, hope it pleases the torn cover folks. I received three magazines yesterday and the ON was the only smothered one. Didn't recognize it at first.

What fun will that be?...Now we can read the gripes about the plastic waste month to month:brow
I didn't need it...oh well, hope it pleases the torn cover folks. I received three magazines yesterday and the ON was the only smothered one. Didn't recognize it at first.
Well it could have been covered in paper..and then we would have heard it from the 'Tree Huggers'..:nyah

The Fabulous Thunderbirds . . . .

I received my April ON today and it was perfect. Big improvement. The insert touted the Rally '12 and shows the Fabulous Thunderbirds as entertainment. What a great group. In the salad days of my youth I heard those words many times . . . "Keep your hands to yourself without a wedding ring" . . . .
Glory Days.
Campbell Tellman II
:thumb

I'm a torn cover folk...and mine was received today...PERFECT!!

Thanks MOA :clap

Well it could have been covered in paper..and then we would have heard it from the 'Tree Huggers'..:nyah

In Canada, I get my National Geographic wrapped in paper (pristine) And it is defended by using high percentage of recycled product. And as others have said recieve ou ON wrapped in plastic (also pristine). I feel very lucky indeed. :clap

Back