• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

MOA Gift From BMW

I didn't know there were this many threads on this topic!

But it's a good thing, since it gives us something to do besides taking the battery out and putting it on the charger (the first half of which I finally got around to earlier today...).

My tube finally arrived, as already announced here and here.

Got mine...

About three weeks ago I received the two-shades-of-blue neck warmer imprinted with red GS. It matches the blue of my new Klim Lattitude jacket (not that I had anything to do with it), so I'm happy. I have a Buff neck warmer made out of a little thicker material but it has pilled up a bit. I don't think this new one will - different material. Can't beat the price. :dance

Used mine today. It was just right on the Last Ride of the Year. 25 degF @ ride start, the neck sock was just the right weight and thickness to keep neck/chin warm. And when it warmed up (all the way to 45 degF or so), I didn't need to dump it.

Neck gators were prevalent on today's ride. A nice gift from BMW.

I have not received mine as of yet, and since I have moved, doubt I will ever see it....but.....alas, one was gifted to me by a very good friend....long live humanity and kindness!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No delivery as of now. I could use it with the cold weather we have now. If I am lucky I might get it by summer. Maybe the dealer never sent in the coupon.

I have not received mine as of yet, and since I have moved, doubt I will ever see it....but.....alas, one was gifted to me by a very good friend....long live humanity and kindness!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't received mine and I haven't moved. I am starting to doubt I will ever see it, oh well.

No delivery as of now. I could use it with the cold weather we have now. If I am lucky I might get it by summer. Maybe the dealer never sent in the coupon.

I dropped my form @ Big#1 on the last day of the promotion. Mine came -- shipped bulk mail, IIRC -- a few weeks ago. Can you check w/ the residents @ your old address? Bulk mail is NOT usually forwarded!

Thanks for the tip. Just me and the wife at our address and I am the one that collects the mail from the mailbox. I don't have issues with many USPS deliveries. I think this one never got sent. Not a big deal but it is annoying.

Still waiting on my neck tube. Glad to see some have received theirs.

Is there a way to determine whether my dealer actually submitted my request?

I forgot all about this until I was reading this months BMW-ON mag, and saw a blurb about it.

Holey macaroni, I'd better go to a dealer and order one of these soon. I'm sure they are close to running out of them.:violin

Holey macaroni, I'd better go to a dealer and order one of these soon. I'm sure they are close to running out of them.:violin

You joke, but I think these may actually be a discontinued item.:eek
At least, not listed by online dealers anymore. Seems to have been replaced by a more expensive model with fleece on the bottom half.

If anyone feels left out, I actually like these Ebay models better: http://www.ebay.com/itm/311604868138
$1.13 each (pink for $.99) or buy three get a fourth free, including shipping. Ordered mine December 18, received them December 28, from China.
About a half inch wider and an inch longer than the BMW version, which works better for my fat head.

A YouTube search for "buff neck tube" will yield instructions for the many configurations.
original_buff_how_to_wear_logo.jpg

I received mine a few weeks ago. Fits nice and helps control my big hair, but my wife says I look silly in it. O well.

I have basically given up on getting this "gift." I have ordered a neck tube from Amazon due to the 35 degree weather we are having in central California. I can really use this item now. Something got messed up in the fulfillment process. If I ever get the tube from BMW it will go to the local Salvation Army as a donation. It's past the time to move on.

MOA Gift

Still waiting for the gift here on Cape Cod. Had dropped the coupon of at dealer 8/24/16. I know I should give up, silly me!

I would expect by now that BMWMOA and BMWNA management realize what a balled up mess this promotion has turned into, with classical left-hand & right-hand not having a clue as to proper coordination of the roll-out.

What a waste...of their time and my time.

I would expect by now that BMWMOA and BMWNA management realize what a balled up mess this promotion has turned into, with classical left-hand & right-hand not having a clue as to proper coordination of the roll-out.

What a waste...of their time and my time.

"Ignore something long enough and eventually it will just go away." Is the approach they seem to be taking.

Dropped mi e off at the Asheville NC dealership and they were collecting them but not really sure they understood why people were bringing them by. I suspect they got thrown out.

Had the same thing happen at the Raleigh dealership. Though when I talked to the Greensboro dealer, they knew exactly what I was talking about. In hind sight, I probably should have just ridden up to Greensboro to drop it off. Have not had a lot of luck at the Raleigh dealership.

Back