• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

John Demge's Garage

Ran across these wall mounted posters and plaques from John's garage taken at his little biker getogather about a month ago. Kinda cute. John's a Wisconson Yankee, so the obvious Pckers junk, I mean stuff. :)

Sportland BMW-Urbana Illinois

Took a freightload to Chicago. Back tracked down to Urbana, to Sportland BMW.
Picture 353.jpg
Picture 361.jpg
Sportland-BMW of Urbana Whatever the name, it's a nice dealer.

Attachments

• Picture 354.jpg
    Picture 354.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 187
Picture 355.jpg
Picture 356.jpg
Cool Beemers
Picture 360.jpg
The Honda Africa Twin caught my eye.
Had an enjoyable visit, neat place. Lots of buildings with lots of bikes.

Urbana Garden Family Restaurant

Picture 362.jpg
Picture 363.jpg
Picture 364.jpg
Ask the guys at the dealer about where to eat, they sent me down the street to this fine restaurant. I had forgotten , but I had eaten here before. Went with the waitress recommendation, it was good. Good place to dine.

1954 Chevy Belair

Picture 374.jpg
Picture 375.jpgPicture 376.jpg
Sunvisor, bumper nerf bars, lake pipes, blue dot tailights, big chrome hubcaps, fender skirts. Pretty nice, I'm a year older and almost as pretty. :)

Iowa City BMW

A couple of years ago I was at Iowa City BMW. BMW vintage belts were on sell, I bought one. After trying them on, I forgot my belt by accident. They gave it back to me on my return trip. They got a good laugh about it. Glad to get that old belt back, still fits after 25 years of use. After all these years still tall, dark, handsome, and still slim. Well, kinda sorta. :)

Is it still called, "Champagne-Urbana"? I remember great pizza in that college town, a great theater, and there was this college named the U of I. They had a great football team and a mascot called chief. Good times... Good times...

Last edited:
Is it still called, "Champagne-Urbana"? I remember great pizza in that college town, a great theater, and there was this college caked the U of I. They had a great football team and a mascot called chief. Good times... Good times...
Not an expert on the great state of Illinois. The Fighting Illini of the University of Illinois. I think those Native Americans are now peaceful. I know I am. Go in peace my friends. :thumb

Racing Pigeans

Picture 394.jpg
I talked to this guy. I can see it now. When I grow up I want to race pigeons. My bird is faster than your bird. I'm just teasing. The guy was real nice to visit with. There is something for everyone. Then again, Racing Pigeons. :scratch

Back