• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

Eurosport Cycle of Ft. Worth

Beale  Sreet 07-16-14 173.jpg
Really like the looks of these bikes; Moto Guzzi's. 1400 California Touring with bags, windshield, spotlamps and the 1400 California Custom without those items. The style of bike I like.

Eurosport Cycle of Ft. Worth. 3100 Airport Freeway Triumph, Moto Guzzi, Ducati, Vespa, and some other brands. Small store, cool bikes.

Beale  Sreet 07-16-14 177.jpg
I like /6's. Nice easy bike to ride. Pleasant classic styling. I've ridden my '74 R90/6 over 100,000 miles. You noticed I didn't say trouble free. Bikes this old can have issues. All can be overcome and can be nice riding bikes.

R100gspd

Beale  Sreet 07-16-14 176.jpg
Had a buddy who owned one of these. I think his was a '89 or '90. Rode it quite a bit back in the day. Loved it. It's a airhead I would like to own and ride. To pretty for off road use. but, thats just me. I do have a R80ST, kindov a street version of this bike. Need to start riding it.

The old school mechanic on break

Beale  Sreet 07-16-14 180.jpg
Keith, taking a break. Like me, he likes and works on the old stuff. Got him laughing. That's rare. Great guy. :thumb:thumb

Munch Mammoth

Beale  Sreet 07-16-14 235.jpg
Don't see to many of these around. Interesting. Small car engine, NSU in a somewhat limited run of motorcycles from Germany. Sometimes different is the way to go. Exclusive, I would imagine. Think I'll stick with /6's from that era.

Home Tech Session

Beale  Sreet 07-16-14 243.jpg
My brother, Gary is away better wrench tham me. Thought it was time to him started on airheads. Silver Snail laid down on me about a month ago headed to Beale Street. Points appear to be the problem. Got a new set and a new condenser. The small mounting screws appear to be in bad shape. Will get new ones tomorrow. Gary started adjusting the valves.

All went well except for the small screws that hold the points and condenser, I've been a little to ham fisted with them and will replace them tomorrow with new ones. Gary enjoyed the impromtu tech session. Thx, Bro.:thumb ps Will get Silver Snail back up to Silver Bullet status in short order. :groovy:D

Back