• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Luggage case arm rests

I have the good fortune of my significant other enjoying being on the bike with me. She wants armrests and I will do what it takes to make her comfy.

I have a 2020 GSA 1250 with stock motorrad aluminum boxes. The challenge is trying to find a armrest that looks like it might be comfortable. All the ones I see are about 7" long and bolt onto the box, this seems like a very short distance, not even enough for the typical forearm.

Does anyone know of a source for aftermarket armrests? Motorrad didn't have anything I could see.

Thanks in advance for your info

Made the mistake once of taking momma touring on a GoldWing.

My trusty 1150GS in “full momma” mode. Bike was sold a couple of years ago… :cry

The top box was a 65L Jesse unit, long discontinued. The folding armrests came from Z-Technik and they were intended for the K11LT. They flip up and outwards to ease mount/dismount. It would be worth searching to see if the parts are still available. The nice thing is that they attach via a fairly flat plate, so a lot of possibilities. My wife is petite, she fit into the arrangement below quite well. Larger people would definitely need more room… not front/rear but side/side.

Ian

Ps -> go for the spendy saddle :nod

PPS

i-frtD3c3-X3.jpg

i-6fwwLct-X3.jpg

We used a Ubag, which was pretty lux. We lashed a 100 oz Unbottle to it for our water supply and she basically had some big cushy arms like she was in a nice lounge chair.

If we went down, there's not a pointy arm chasing either of us down the road.

Back