• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Looking for source for Ohlins - 2015 R1200RT

tri650

I have searched high and low and can't find a source for front and rear Ohlins for my 2015 R1200RT. Any suggestions?

I'd reach out to Ted Porter https://www.beemershop.com/category/motorcycle-suspension-center.html I don't think Ohlin has shocks for your Wethead, he is an Ohlin dealer.

I second the suggestion to call Ted Porter. I got shocks from him for my '01 R1150GS and a Triumph T120 I had. The GS got a set of Yacugar's that Ted found to be much superior to Ohlin's. They transformed that bike! The Triumph had twin shocks so I went with a set of YSS shock for it and was likewise very satisfied.

Regardless of the brand you ultimately decide on, The Beemershop is your best choice for recommendations for your bike.

Thanks. I checked out Ohlins USA and they were the highest priced option. I just sent them a note to confirm availability. The beemershop carries YSS and it's over $2K for front and back. Not ready to spend that yet.

Thanks. I checked out Ohlins USA and they were the highest priced option. I just sent them a note to confirm availability. The beemershop carries YSS and it's over $2K for front and back. Not ready to spend that yet.

Does your RT have ESA suspension? I don't think Ohlin has a shock for that system. If it does have ESA the OEM is over 4k. Ted is a good guy and really knows suspensions.

Reply from Ohlins

Here is their reply to my request for front/rear shocks

Hello Wally. Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately the shocks that we originally imported for this bike (BM 438) are sold out/NLA. If you can find a used ‘BM 438’ shock it can be rebuilt.

Please call or return email with any questions.

Thank you, Jerry

Back