• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Looking for Klim Latitude feed back

mosrrt

Interested in the Klim Latitude jacket for riding on my RT for 3 seasons in the NE.
I would be looking for info on those who own or have owned a 2018 model or newer
Mike

I've had/have two sets of Klim Latitude gear and put on over 100.000 miles using it.
My first set was a Latitude Milano, older than 2018, the second, and the set I'm currently using is a 2019 purchase.

I got so tired of the "roadside dance" with rain gear that about 6 years and 100,000 miles ago I spent the money for the Klim Latitude jacket and pants. I used that first set for three years and 50,000 miles to Alaska, Florida, Baja, and many points in between before selling the set on ADVRider in about an hour for more than half of what I paid for it. I replaced that first set with another set, a little bigger, but just as good.
For me, my "system" has evolved to this -

+ 50 F Expected temperatures - LDComfort Top and Bottom base layers, always a long sleeve top, sometimes long bottoms, sometimes thigh-length shorts. Klim Latitude Jacket and Pants, Gerbing Heated Jacket, Merino Wool neck/head gaiter, and Merino wool compression socks. I wear the Gerbing jacket up to about 70F then remove it. From 70-90F I open and close zippers/vents to achieve comfort. Above 90 F I close all vents, soak the sleeves of the LD Comfort shirt with water, open up the neck on the Latitude jacket and regulate airflow up the sleeves of the jacket to achieve comfort. I usually have to close down the wrists to keep my arms from getting too cold, the cool air flows up my arms around my upper torso, and flows out the slightly open neck. I've used this in the heat and humidity of the South East in summer and in the dry heat of the South West as well. It works.

-50F Expected temperatures - I substitute a heavyweight set of Merino Wool long sleeve/long pants for the LD Comfort base layer. I add an inexpensive "Down Puffer Jacket" over the Gerbing Heated Layer as an additional insulator.
I own a set of Gerbing Electrical pants liners but have never really used them other than to test them out once.
I've ridden in temperatures as low as the mid-teens with this configuration and have always been comfortable.

The only criticism I have about the Latitude is the location of the sleeve vents. The way the vents are positioned on top of the sleeves they get little to no airflow on my GSA. This is not really an issue as I describe above because I just open up the cuffs and let the air flow up the sleeves in a "Ram-Air like" fashion.

Alex Johnson at BHMoto.com has always been a great source of Klim gear for me. Give him a call.

I've had/have two sets of Klim Latitude gear and put on over 100.000 miles using it.
My first set was a Latitude Milano, older than 2018, the second, and the set I'm currently using is a 2019 purchase.

I got so tired of the "roadside dance" with rain gear that about 6 years and 100,000 miles ago I spent the money for the Klim Latitude jacket and pants. I used that first set for three years and 50,000 miles to Alaska, Florida, Baja, and many points in between before selling the set on ADVRider in about an hour for more than half of what I paid for it. I replaced that first set with another set, a little bigger, but just as good.
For me, my "system" has evolved to this -

+ 50 F Expected temperatures - LDComfort Top and Bottom base layers, always a long sleeve top, sometimes long bottoms, sometimes thigh-length shorts. Klim Latitude Jacket and Pants, Gerbing Heated Jacket, Merino Wool neck/head gaiter, and Merino wool compression socks. I wear the Gerbing jacket up to about 70F then remove it. From 70-90F I open and close zippers/vents to achieve comfort. Above 90 F I close all vents, soak the sleeves of the LD Comfort shirt with water, open up the neck on the Latitude jacket and regulate airflow up the sleeves of the jacket to achieve comfort. I usually have to close down the wrists to keep my arms from getting too cold, the cool air flows up my arms around my upper torso, and flows out the slightly open neck. I've used this in the heat and humidity of the South East in summer and in the dry heat of the South West as well. It works.

-50F Expected temperatures - I substitute a heavyweight set of Merino Wool long sleeve/long pants for the LD Comfort base layer. I add an inexpensive "Down Puffer Jacket" over the Gerbing Heated Layer as an additional insulator.
I own a set of Gerbing Electrical pants liners but have never really used them other than to test them out once.
I've ridden in temperatures as low as the mid-teens with this configuration and have always been comfortable.

The only criticism I have about the Latitude is the location of the sleeve vents. The way the vents are positioned on top of the sleeves they get little to no airflow on my GSA. This is not really an issue as I describe above because I just open up the cuffs and let the air flow up the sleeves in a "Ram-Air like" fashion.

Alex Johnson at BHMoto.com has always been a great source of Klim gear for me. Give him a call.

Great review
Thanks , Mike

I was also tired of the rain dance and got a Latitude 2 years ago.

Very happy with my purchase. It can get hot in the summer if you're not moving and don't use the LD Comfort "Water system trick"

YMMV

I guess mine is an older model and maybe a few things have changed. Things I don't like: Klim fit can be odd, so try before you buy. The sleeves on mine are built more for someone of chimpanzee proportions. The cuffs are bulky, making it difficult to wear gauntlet-type gloves over the cuffs rather than under. I have the gray and white (or whitish) version and the light-colored parts on the sleeves never come clean of road grime. The snap at the front bottom over the zipper came apart, leaving a sharp part that scratched my gas tank. The velcro on the collar is always attaching itself to the chin strap on my helmet. I wish it flowed more air in hot weather.

What I like: I stay dry in the rain. Other than the snap mentioned above, it's been bombproof. I've never crashed it, but I believe it would offer great protection.

Would I buy another? I would have to give the newest model a hard look along with some other jackets, but it would be in the running.

I guess mine is an older model and maybe a few things have changed. Things I don't like: Klim fit can be odd, so try before you buy. The sleeves on mine are built more for someone of chimpanzee proportions. The cuffs are bulky, making it difficult to wear gauntlet-type gloves over the cuffs rather than under. I have the gray and white (or whitish) version and the light-colored parts on the sleeves never come clean of road grime. The snap at the front bottom over the zipper came apart, leaving a sharp part that scratched my gas tank. The velcro on the collar is always attaching itself to the chin strap on my helmet. I wish it flowed more air in hot weather.

What I like: I stay dry in the rain. Other than the snap mentioned above, it's been bombproof. I've never crashed it, but I believe it would offer great protection.

Would I buy another? I would have to give the newest model a hard look along with some other jackets, but it would be in the running.

Almost All these issues seemed to have been corrected. I wear gautlets all the time over the cuffs, the snap is fine on mine (still), The velcro collar never got caught to my chin strap, I also have the grey and black model. Last time I washed it ,it came out pretty clean. I agree that there could still be improvements in the air flow. It's been redesigned in the latest version, but the RT is probably part of the problem since the wind protection is so good. Sleeves lenght is perfect for me. (Maybe I do have chimpanzee proportions :) )

Almost All these issues seemed to have been corrected. I wear gautlets all the time over the cuffs, the snap is fine on mine (still), The velcro collar never got caught to my chin strap, I also have the grey and black model. Last time I washed it ,it came out pretty clean. I agree that there could still be improvements in the air flow. It's been redesigned in the latest version, but the RT is probably part of the problem since the wind protection is so good. Sleeves lenght is perfect for me. (Maybe I do have chimpanzee proportions :) )

I do ride an RT . Currently have a BMW air shell (jacket and pants ) . At times that is too hot and putting the rain liners under is a pita .
So here I am looking for that perfect suit 😁.
As I look , not much in stock anywhere ☹️

Good to know!

I agree that the 2019 Latitude Jacket I have is difficult to put a gauntlet glove over the cuff. My heated Gerbing gauntlet-style gloves are a PITA - the rest of the gloves I have are all Klim Shorties and are not an issue.

I have had to replace one cuff snap on the pants.

Everybody is different, on my Latitude pants I have to position the knee pads at the very top of the compartment to get them to cover my knee when sitting.

I agree that the 2019 Latitude Jacket I have is difficult to put a gauntlet glove over the cuff. My heated Gerbing gauntlet-style gloves are a PITA - the rest of the gloves I have are all Klim Shorties and are not an issue.

I have had to replace one cuff snap on the pants.

Everybody is different, on my Latitude pants I have to position the knee pads at the very top of the compartment to get them to cover my knee when sitting.

Same thing for me regarding the pants

I too ride an RT, and have the 2020 Latitude jacket and love it. Got tired of the rain dance also. I live in New England and it is a great three season jacket. Rode to the RA rally last year and got rained on every day for 12 days ,(go figure) stayed dry. In the spring and late fall put on thin base layer and warm and safe jacket jacket, good to go. Have no problem getting my Revitt H2o gloves on over the jacket. I also like how the jacket covers the backside down over the pant,no up draft in cold weather. Have the gray and washes great for a motor cycle jacket, can't really expect to wash all the fun out.

Two more votes for Klim Latitude suits. Especially useful for staying dry on those not so great weather days. :)
Severe Thunderstorm.JPG

I hope the new Latitude jacket is awesome, just put one on order. I also ordered the Induction pants because they fit much better than the Latitude.
Back orders might get here by May......

I hope the new Latitude jacket is awesome, just put one on order. I also ordered the Induction pants because they fit much better than the Latitude.
Back orders might get here by May......

I was told today , it could be 6 months before we see some Klim stock ☹️

I was told today , it could be 6 months before we see some Klim stock ☹️

After waiting months I finally gave up and purchased the REV'IT Vertical GTX jacket.

So far very happy with my purchase.

I wish I could compare that to the Latitude for you but I've never actually worn a Latitude. I was going to buy it just on it's outstanding reputation.

Back