• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Looking for a good quality armor riding jacket..

Anyone try the Klim Adventure Rally Air Jacket? It is Kevlar also. How does it compare to Motoport?

John

The Motoport and Klim Adventure Air are Kevlar. The shell of the Klim Induction model is a material Klim invented they call "Karbonite." (It's not as abrasion resistant as kevlar but Klim says it's many times more abrasion resistant than the regular polyester mesh most jackets are made of.

But on price, it's always a gamble. If you never wreck, a cheapo is fine. If you do, you'd probably be glad if you opted to go top tier.

I'd recommend looking at what the mesh material is. The Motoport is at the top of the protectiveness level because it's kevlar. The Klim Induction is at the top of the traditional fabrics because of the "Karbonite" mesh material. Jackets using plain polyester mesh are more likely to disintegrate in even a short slide.
I'm not saying you're wrong regarding the Klim Induction gear, but when I looked for a mesh jacket I found the manufacturers all had their own proprietary material...which seemed to be polyester.

Because of that, I'm not really sure a Klim jacket it's better than a Cycle Gear jacket on the basis of the material only. All I've seen, is the manufacturer's claims, which is like reading an oil container. It will do everything. Price does not equal value.

Chris

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

High end gear is just that....high end.
I have Motoport air mesh, BMW mesh hi viz (gets most of my time in warmer weather) a Roadcrafter grey with hi viz and Klim latitude.
All of which serve different purposes.
If I go down I want the best not something cheap. I have learned....cry once and it usually lasts forever

Back