• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Living Life

Words cannot describe how much I admire the way he is dealing with his situation. Wow! What a lession for the rest of us.

Thanks, i hadn't seen that yet

perspective, it's truly what life is all about.

My sophmore year in college I was looking for some easy credits, so took a class called "Death - a confrontation for every man." Lots of info on death from cultural, historic, religious and other perspectives. However, the real punch came when the prof had a panel of five people who were all diagnosed with terminal diseases address the class. All described the classic stages of anger, denial, bargaining, and acceptance. They all talked about the changes this knowledge made in their lives and how there were going to spend their remaining time. Some changed almost everything in their lives, and others went right back to their daily routine.

From this I learned two big lessons. One: the only difference between someone diagnosed with a terminal disease and yourself is that they know the end is coming, but you don't. It may well turn out that you won't finish today and they will attend your funeral. Two: the more you would change your life - how you spend your time - the more you need to change it now. Why are you doing things you'd immediately stop in such a case, and why aren't you already doing the things you'd try to cram into a few remaining weeks or months?

There are reasons we all make sacrifices for the "short term". The problem for so many is that the short term never ends and they spend their lives doing what they hate and denying themselves what they love. I've made it a habit to use this criteria as my own personal reality check every year. It has a way for me of setting my priorities.

I could really related to the speaker when he said "I had a very happy childhood, look at all the pictures of me having a good time". That wasn't me, but it's always been my goal that that will be my daughter.

926613841_188c7df9a8_o.jpg

I could really related to the speaker when he said "I had a very happy childhood, look at all the pictures of me having a good time". That wasn't me, but it's always been my goal that that will be my daughter.

926613841_188c7df9a8_o.jpg
Ditto here. My dad and I weren't real close and had a sometimes tenuous relationship. My mom and I were very close but now I am watching her succumb and slip away to early onset Alzheimer's at just 67 years.

I want my kids to remember having fun. I don't want to be a drill sargent. I'm firm and don't spoin but I don't want to deny my kids fun.
198964404_6BnW3-S.jpg

134706513_6XB8i-S.jpg

My biggest personality flaw is the fact that I'm a consumate almost obsessive pessimist.

Back