• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

LC GSA battery cover

glenfiddich

TravelsWithBarley.com
Holy cow, what's the trick in getting that cover in far enough to drop those little alignment pins into the holes? It feels like the cable going to the POS terminal is keeping the battery from sliding in all the way. Should it be routed along the top of the battery? The rear?

Pete

Not being a wise guy. Try giving me a better description of your dilemma. I remove and reinstall my battery cover easily. Lower guide pin into receiver, upper right plug pin into receiver hole with grommet, upper left screw in. Never had an issue with POS terminal interfering. I do have to make sure battery is inserted all the way into/on the battery tray, it drops down a bit when all the way in. And then you install the rubber strap to secure the battery in the tray.

Battery Install Messed Up

Yup, had a similar issue. I did add some after market stuff to the battery with additional cables but I had to pull the spacer under the battery out so everything fit. When I took the bike in for service the tech asked me why the battery was installed backwards. I did move it around but still tight in that box. I probably should take another look at that.

I don't think it is just you...it's me (or so she said...)

Back