• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Latest Owners News

Fantastic changes to an already solid monthly magazine. Almost makes me sad to have terminated my 3 year MOA membership (with 2 years left) early....

Why delete this, K?

Fantastic changes to an already solid monthly magazine. Almost makes me sad to have terminated my 3 year MOA membership (with 2 years left) early....

Why delete this, K?

So you terminated your membership, but are still here?

That's different, I guess.

The real loss to USA BMW riders is the end of Sandy Cohen's BMW Motorcycle Magazine.

Makes the discussion here rather useless, and BMW ON--now bmw OWNERS NEWS--continues with next to nothing in technical information or technical support for Club members. There was an era with Oak Okleshen where we could count on technical support and of course we can still hear about Airhead tech issues from Colorado ... which is mostly redundant and now of limited interest and really just trivia.

The lack of any information, and really reporting of any action regarding the service information issue in the magazine does not meet this owner's expectations. The complete absence of any information identifiable as coming from Germany and/or official BMW sources does not as well. Don't insult our intelligence with "if you provide it we'll print it."

Same old nothing repackaged and a discussion about nothing.

The real loss to USA BMW riders is the end of Sandy Cohen's BMW Motorcycle Magazine.

Makes the discussion here rather useless, and BMW ON--now bmw OWNERS NEWS--continues with next to nothing in technical information or technical support for Club members. There was an era with Oak Okleshen where we could count on technical support and of course we can still hear about Airhead tech issues from Colorado ... which is mostly redundant and now of limited interest and really just trivia.

The lack of any information, and really reporting of any action regarding the service information issue in the magazine does not meet this owner's expectations. The complete absence of any information identifiable as coming from Germany and/or official BMW sources does not as well. Don't insult our intelligence with "if you provide it we'll print it."

Our prime value proposition as a BMW club is our knowledge of BMW bikes. But when people join because they're 35 and they just bought an airhead, there's no comprehensive place to learn this stuff outside the forum. No offense to any contributors, but step by step articles in print for some things would be pretty terrific.

Just maintenance stuff would be great. How not to kill your airhead by putting the gaskets back together wrong when you change the oil filter, for example. what kinda wrench do you need to remove a K bike filter? What tools do I need to do a valve adjustment on my airhead?

I keep thinking that maybe this should be my retirement job or something. :ha

For Airheads, there's a fairly robust network of owners that belong to the Airheads Beemer Club and get a chance to do hands-on work with other Airheads around the country. But then, you already know that!!

The magazine exists mostly to fulfill the MOA's obligations to BMW.

A non-exhaustive but illustrative list:

The BMW Clubs should also be regarded as a PR medium and a channel of communication which can reach many different social groups and large sectors of society.

The clubs, which fall under the jurisdiction of the BMW Clubs International Council, currently carry out a liaison between the BMW Group and the public.

In accordance with their self-perceived purpose, the BMW Clubs shall, as far as they are able, promote the dissemination and application of the corporate philosophy and of information on BMW products and services. To be able to carry out these duties in the spirit of the brand, the clubs shall pledge to pursue a communications strategy which adheres verbally and visually to the BMW identity. This will ensure the traditional BMW values such as dynamism, innovation and aesthetic are incisively conveyed.

In their present form, the BMW Clubs represent a well-organised, global circle of BMW devotees who are disseminating the BMW ideal to all corners of the world with exceptional commitment and a correspondingly broad impact.

The acceptance of such club activities is reflected in the success of club rallies throughout the world, and in club support for dealerships whenever new models are introduced.

Social and cultural initiatives on the part of the club’s help break down the disparity in values between the BMW Group and the public.

Pick up any issue of ON and you can see these BMW dicta at work.

Our prime value proposition as a BMW club is our knowledge of BMW bikes. But when people join because they're 35 and they just bought an airhead, there's no comprehensive place to learn this stuff outside the forum. No offense to any contributors, but step by step articles in print for some things would be pretty terrific.

Just maintenance stuff would be great. How not to kill your airhead by putting the gaskets back together wrong when you change the oil filter, for example. what kinda wrench do you need to remove a K bike filter? What tools do I need to do a valve adjustment on my airhead?

I keep thinking that maybe this should be my retirement job or something. :ha

Have you seen Edward Plam’s work?

There are several other people doing work like this.

And still photos shot during production could be used for the step-by-step articles in print.

It would be great to see our club develop a way to produce videos like these. It’s a disciplined process but it can be done.

Have you seen Edward Plam’s work?

There are several other people doing work like this.

And still photos shot during production could be used for the step-by-step articles in print.

It would be great to see our club develop a way to produce videos like these. It’s a disciplined process but it can be done.

I have. It's great. I used his videos to install the RaceTech stuff in my R100, if memory serves, both him and Brooks have been extraordinarily helpful with step by step, beautifully shot and helpful video.

Another one I found super helpful was a video from the Southern Illinois folks that showed how to get the bearing stack out of my /2. That was absolutely one of the most helpful videos I've encountered. My brother used it too, when he did his /2's bearing sets.

J just received my second issue without the plastic wrap. It is damaged much like every issue was before the plastic wrap was added. Bring back the plastic wrap unless the office wants to send me a second copy in an envelope every month.

J just received my second issue without the plastic wrap.

So I am not the only one that had it come without the plastic envelope. I got one issue like that so far.

It is damaged much like every issue was before the plastic wrap was added. Bring back the plastic wrap unless the office wants to send me a second copy in an envelope every month.

Same here...cuts to the edges of the pages.

Now let's ditch the plastic bag.

My understanding is the outer wrap has been deleted.

It's fair to remind people that the "outer wrap" was instituted due to and requested by the membership-

https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?95926-Magazine-plastic-wrap

OM

My March issue arrived today and it did not have the plastic wrapper.
Last month had the stapled binding like this month but I don't remember if it had the wrapper.

I liked the plastic wrapper but I'm guessing it was also dropped to save money.
These posts are from the first page of this thread-
OM

Boy that didn't take long. I'm not complaining about the magazine changes. The changes are fine. I'm complaining about the damaged magazine due to stopping the plastic wrap.

I remember the discussion years ago about the plastic wrap. It seems that some regions have good luck with little to no damage to magazines. While in other areas, the magazines look they were dragged on the ground. I was lucky or unlucky enough to have the latter. My solution was to go digital only. This also eliminated the ±3 week delay in getting the magazine delivered to the west coast compared to those on the east coast. Of course, this doesn't solve the issued of those who regularly get damaged magazines. I wonder if there's a way to have the magazines plastic wrapped only for those who request it?

I have nothing but distain for the changes to the when and where section. Come on it was very organized by date. Most people know when they are going to be someplace. Changing it to regions by date and placing Texas and Wisconsin in the same region is absurd.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The place I food shop changes the rack locations of my usual items. It takes a few more minutes to regroup but I find new things.
OM

The place I food shop changes the rack locations of my usual items. It takes a few more minutes to regroup but I find new things.
OM

Yes but are they putting the breakfast cereal in the fresh meat cooler?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back