• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Latest Owners News

jammess

Jammess
Just received my March issue of the Owners News and I gotta say I'm really enjoying it a bunch. I like the changes made to the magazine especially the new saddle stitching and page reduction from 90 to 80 pages. The story about riding solo across the flyover states was very well written and inspiring as well. The magazine reminded me very much of the owners news from years ago. I was thinking of letting my MOA membership lapse in June but now maybe not. I say keep up the good work.;)

Jammess,
I’m glad you like the new format and changes. Some changes were forced upon us do the skyrocketing cost of print, others, like lay out and design were the sole discretion of the editorial staff. Thank you for the positive feedback, I’ll be sure to push that on to the staff.

Now let's ditch the plastic bag.

My March issue arrived today and it did not have the plastic wrapper.
Last month had the stapled binding like this month but I don't remember if it had the wrapper.

I liked the plastic wrapper but I'm guessing it was also dropped to save money.

I posted too soon! My March issue arrived today sans plastic bag. I still consider it wasteful and unnecessary - and the unnecessary part comes from spending more than 40 years in association publications.

Hey, I didn't realize that about the label! Thanks! - Another good update.
I like the format and layout, and I like the font.
I solved my occasional "damage" issue by getting a larger mailbox.

Polybag has been removed. All the changes in this month’s magazine are explained in detail on page 4 of this month’s issue.
I'm just happy the magazine is still on press in the digital era, even if saddle stitch does resemble an inflight distraction (no backhanded compliment intended, it arrived the same day as Road Runner so the comparison was difficult to avoid).

Just one "everyone's a designer"... Personally, Bill's editorial would be an easier read if it was split into two columns. Other than that, thanks for keeping the magazine professional and a great read.

YMMV

Page 65 in the March issue states the mileage forms are available online, all I see are 2021-2022 forms ??
With out the sleeve my magazine arrived with dog eared corners, just noting ..

I like the changes, and they were well explained, and I do like the font just not the size. Seems smaller. And the explanation for the font was for "readability". Anyone else feel it's LESS readable?

Readability looks great to me and even improved a bit. Now one thing I could do without is the piece written by the esteemed psychologist as in borrrrring to the extreme.

First read thru critique, mostly fine. A couple of small things-I'd prefer the columnist's photo at the head of the article, not last, no biggy tho. I missed the national map showing the rally locations but I'll get over that, no biggy. What I can't abide is the stiff insert stapled in place-Grrrr. Pet peeve I guess.
Carry on the great work to all involved. :thumb
Here's hoping for a break in the local monsoon season. 🌧

I solved the delivery issue by switching to digital only. Yeah, I prefer a hard copy, but the local postal service without a doubt would "chew up and spit out" a few magazines a year. I got tired of it. I also found it frustrating that it would take weeks longer to deliver my copy of the ON magazine that others. I now read my magazines digitally on my iPad. That being said, I couldn't tell the difference in the fonts. I didn't even notice it, and the binding makes no difference to me.

BTW, I like the new logo better than the old one. I'm sure there are some out there that prefer the old one. Anyway, the magazine looks good.

Haven't had a chance to look inside yet but I'm happy to see the stapled binding- it makes it easier to fold over and read in tight spaces like airline seats.

I'll also give the digital version another look- haven't done that in a while. I've never been able to stick with a digital magazine in the past (and I've tried several), because while I like the idea of reducing paper-waste, in practice I've found that the amount of effort required for digital mags -lots of zooming, panning, scrolling, clicking, etc., plus needing to have a comfortably-sized device handy, which limits when/where I can read, plus often needing a network connection, for publications that don't allow download- to make me tire of them quickly.

Regarding picking on columnists, in my twenty years of membership I haven't always totally dug every columnist, but the beauty of it is that the variety means that lots of different tastes can find something enjoyable. And I'm grateful to everyone who makes the commitment to write a column. I like to write and I've been published in the ON a few times, but the thought of having to come up with a certain amount of something readable and cohesive (both within the monthly installment and across the life of the column) by a deadline every month scares the bejeezus outta me! So thank you columnists, whether I like your stuff or not; you're a big part of the heartbeat of our humble lil' club newsletter! :clap

Just got mine yesterday and I was surprised! Instantly I thought of the new transformation of the Airmail and wondered if they were somehow connected? Haven't read it yet but looking forward to it.

Back