• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Latest Owners News

I have nothing but distain for the changes to the when and where section. Come on it was very organized by date. Most people know when they are going to be someplace. Changing it to regions by date and placing Texas and Wisconsin in the same region is absurd.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agree. The old way was better.

In the same vein, it used to be that BMW MOA affiliated events (by chartered clubs and by the BMW MOA itself) were listed in When and Where, and other events of interest but not affiliated events were in a separate listing. That is now not the case. I prefer the old way. The way it is now done I can't always tell if I am going to find field events or cole slaw wrestling.

In the same vein, it used to be that BMW MOA affiliated events (by chartered clubs and by the BMW MOA itself) were listed in When and Where, and other events of interest but not affiliated events were in a separate listing. That is now not the case. I prefer the old way. The way it is now done I can't always tell if I am going to find field events or cole slaw wrestling.

They don't do Jello any more?

Perhaps this could encourage promote event organizers to post their events on the forum along with the particulars.
OM

I have nothing but distain for the changes to the when and where section. Come on it was very organized by date. Most people know when they are going to be someplace. Changing it to regions by date and placing Texas and Wisconsin in the same region is absurd.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This new format does not work for me either.
Really a bad idea on a couple of fronts.
One, we don’t define our “Regions”; and if we did…
they would conflict with our “three zone” National Rally Rotation Map.
Those defined zones are similar to Regions, but simply depicted on a US map.
Secondly; as I look at this new layout of When & Where…
It’s like I’m repeating myself… looking at chronological dates within each region.
Say you’re out touring this summer for the National Rally, and leaving from the CA 49er Rally.
How long does it take you to locate the four club rally offerings, that are one weekend ahead of the National?
Difficult to even tell there are four available, isn't it?

We broke a better product with this format change.

Last edited:
I agree that the new W&W format doesn’t work as well. It’s much harder to use as a planning tool, as checking dates for a trip can now mean flipping through several sections instead of just turning to the date range one is interested in. The old map with markers really provided all the region or area information needed. This needs to go back to a date-centric format for NA events, with the map & markers, and a separate section covering international events abroad.

Best,
DeVern

It's fair to remind people that the "outer wrap" was instituted due to and requested by the membership-

Exactly. It is also why my MOTORRAD issues (26 per year) came in a "paper envelope" as well because the more than 10 years worth I have of them, they are worth keeping. Anything of quality is worth keeping.

I liked the plastic wrapper but I'm guessing it was also dropped to save money.

In which case, we can lower the membership dues by $5 a year. ;)

Mine arrive a few days ago, in mint condition, without the plastic wrapper. :thumb

So did my April issue (lets not talk about the March issue) and great if they do, but is the BMW MOA willing to send out a relacement copy if they do not?

"Cherry Picking" quotes is kinda weird-

Now let's ditch the plastic bag.

My understanding is the outer wrap has been deleted.

It's fair to remind people that the "outer wrap" was instituted due to and requested by the membership-

https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?95926-Magazine-plastic-wrap

OM

Exactly. It is also why my MOTORRAD issues (26 per year) came in a "paper envelope" as well because the more than 10 years worth I have of them, they are worth keeping. Anything of quality is worth keeping.

My March issue arrived today and it did not have the plastic wrapper.
Last month had the stapled binding like this month but I don't remember if it had the wrapper.

I liked the plastic wrapper but I'm guessing it was also dropped to save money.

In which case, we can lower the membership dues by $5 a year. ;)

Well, in the face of how magazine publications are actually going, with thinner and thinner page count and expenses rising from actual production to mailing costs to some requesting "digital only" subscriptions (which will inevitably hurt volume printing costs), I'm happy they have figured out to keep the magazine coming without an increase.

So did my April issue (lets not talk about the March issue) and great if they do, but is the BMW MOA willing to send out a relacement copy if they do not?

The office has always honored requests for replacement ON magazines that arrived damaged.

OM

Back