• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

later R100RT tires

timburn

I recently bought a 1993 R100RT. I have older Rs which I run with traditional "inch measured tires. I have a 2004 oilhead I run Michelins on.
I can't find much info on later Airhead RT tires. Some mention of side stand problems with modern metric sizes. If someone could point me in a direction I would appreciate it. My rear is shot. Golden boy on the front.
Thanks
Tim

There definitely is a difference in height between metric and inch tires. I noticed that I was not as flat footed or close to it when I changed to inch tires on my R90/6, they raised me up. When on side stand bike has a nice 45 degree angle, freaks folks out a little.

Back