• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

K1200LT Questions

MGunderson

My wife and I have decided that there's an LT in our future, but being new to the BMW world, I don't know much about these bikes. We've been riding a Honda Pacific Coast for 12 years, and it's time to make a significant UPGRADE! You might have seen us at this year's MOA with our 'Rally Virgin' buttons, but more than likely, you saw our pearl white Honda with UniGo trailer. :bolt

We started our journey into the BMW world by attending the Wisc BMW club's rally 4 years ago, and the events and people have been OUTSTANDING! We've felt welcomed at EVERY EVENT we've attended, and ultimately, that's what got us looking at the LT in the first place. :clap We joined the MOA this year and WILL BE in Gillette, hopefully on an LT! :p

We plan to buy used and would like all of your expertise & opinions! So here's the questions:

What should we look out for on used LTs?

What should we expect to pay for annual maintenance?

Pros and cons of buying from a dealer vs. private sale?

Do you the LT will get a makeover this year and be upgraded to a newer, better model and better features? (We're hoping/dreaming that this produces a flood of used LT's) :D

Anything else we should know that you can think of?

Thanks everyone! :)

Mike Gunderson
Davis, IL USA
MOA#133365

LT Questions and answers

Hi Mike,
since I live fairly close to you in Pec feel free to stop in and say Hi. As for LT questions and answers you may want to visit the BMWLT website. There is lots of information about the pros and cons on these bikes.

Quick breakdown on LT's

99-01 do not have the servo assist brakes.

02-04 do HAVE the servo brakes

05 - 07 redesign on steering rake for better slow speed handling. Also 15 more ponies and electro-hydraulic center stand.

buying form dealer in Illinois you pay sales tax. From private individual you do not.

send me a PM if you want to get together some evening so we can swap lies.

Roy

k1200lt

I had a goldwing 1994 i do not any regreats on getting a lt it handles like a sport bike with style to me any price on service is worth it:buds

Back