• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

K 1200 R Sport Luggage Options?

rbertalotto

I have two other motorcycles that both use GIVI racks with GIVI 41L bags. I love the GIVI 41L luggage with its top and side opening. Very convienient while touring.

So I bought a 2007 K1200R Sport and was told the only GIVI cases I could use were PLX cases which use a completely different rack system.

But I see folks mounting the GIVI 41L bags on K1200s and K1300s bikes. I see GIVI offers racks for the "S" model that will use the 41L bags.

Are the rear sections of the "S" and the "R" bikes different!

Has anyone used anything different for HARD luggage other than BMW or GIVI PLX?

Pictures with comments would be great.

Never mind! With angle grinder and drill, I took apart an old set of GIVI racks I had for an R1100RS and attached them to the PLX racks so I can use my 41L luggage on the K-Sport.

Came out great!

Pictures to follow............

Back