• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Is there an extra switched power plug at the front of 1200GSW for GPS connection?

I have a 2014 BMW 1200 GSW with a Nav V . My Nav V is getting slow to run and has begun to shut off occasionally while riding a route.
I have to stop my ride, remove the Nav from its cradle and reboot it to get it running again.
I see that the Garmin Zumo XT is on sale right now and I am considering buying one.

I want to keep the Nav V and cradle to view vehicle functions, and to mount the Zumo XT on the center of my handlebars for navigation purposes.
I know the Nav V power cord splits into two connections on the right side of the bike near the right fork.

Is there another SWITCHED power plug near the two Nav V plugs on the front right side of the GS near the right fork that I could use to power the Zumo XT?

The Nav V has a 5 year warranty and you're probably past that but I would still call Garmin to see if they would replace it.
Never hurts to ask.
Instead of buying a Zumo XT, maybe buy a used Nav V for around $300.

The Nav V has a 5 year warranty and you're probably past that but I would still call Garmin to see if they would replace it.
Never hurts to ask.
Instead of buying a Zumo XT, maybe buy a used Nav V for around $300.

Firmware is always updated and has a new battery. My Nav V is out of warranty.

Because I live in Canada, Garmin charges (free in US...WTF!!!)...for replacement batteries and because warranty is over, I'm not prepared to pay to get a replacement Nav V (if still available).

Zumo XT is on sale for $399 right now.

I'd rather pay a little more to get a better GPS (Zumo XT) with more and better features.

Back