• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Iron Butt Rally 2007

More Iron Butt Rally photos here, including a bunch of Rob's bike.

http://mrob.smugmug.com/gallery/3328430#P-1-15

the 21st century's beverly hillbilly.... :p

185673557-L.jpg

Tomorrow's forecast calls for 70% chance of rain here in the St. Louis area. While we badly need the rain, I wouldn't want to start an Iron Butt in the rain. However, today's forecast called for 60% chance and it never did rain.

Of the women riding their own bikes, Rebecca Vaughn, Karol Patzer, and Vicki Johnston are Iron Butt Rally Veterans

WooHoo, RG. GO Girl, Go!

185303291-S.jpg

I think Rob needs an internet Jesus for his antenna mount.

Good luck and Godspeed to all the riders.

i think rob needs a camera on his bike that takes photos of all the cars he passes/pass him, and the weird looks the occupants will be giving him and his bike.

just imagine the conversations they'll be having. even better, i can imagine a guy in california calling his brother two days later, and them BOTH describing the bike to each other, then trying to figure out if they saw the same one, or if there are two of them!

:ha

good luck to all the participants!

I saw Rob's bike leaving Damn Yankees Rally a couple weeks ago - I thought it should be named Starship Nye!

Best of luck to all of you. Bob Collin from Maine is riding the Iron Butt, too.

Muriel

the 21st century's beverly hillbilly.... :p

185673557-L.jpg

Sung to the tune of Beverly Hillbillies

One day ol Rob is setting on his beemer
Iron Butts a coming, how can he make his bike even keener?

Well he fastens on some farkles nobody ever saw
A GPS to find his way and radar detector to beat out the law

Now ol Rob's a settin on his bike
ridin down the road like a boy on his trike
nobody catches him, nobody stops
only thing he dosent have is
a cooler for his pops (soda that is)

The only question we have is
will he ever stop?

It would be great if someone would post a link to the tracker website for those transponders. I remember that site from two years ago, it was interesting to visit.

That photo of Karol taking off is kind of blurry. I was trying to hold my umbrella in one hand and snap pictures as fast as I could with the other and not get the camera wet. :)

Riders were leaving quickly at that point because Lisa had come down the row and said to speed it up. Apparently the police didn't want to block the exit roads any longer than necessary.

Rob Nye 1st to the first bonus location

Here's Spaceship Rob in the parking lot at the Gateway Arch in St. Louis. He was the first one there, even though he was not the first one to leave the hotel!

That's Dick Fish behind him on the Buell, who was hot on his tail.

IBR2007019.jpg

My favorite GS

This bike was lowered, had almost as many farkles as Rob, and I love the "EASY" button on the dash shelf! He also had his checklist written on the inside of the windscreen with a Sharpie!

IBR2007013.jpg

IBR2007012.jpg

Here might be some familiar faces to all of you ...
IBR2007029.jpg

IBR2007028.jpg

Back