• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

iPhone/iPod Touch users.

bmwgsrider

I use to be able to access and type on this forum without any problems and after I updated to Apple's new OS4 upgrade... I have problems posting on this forum.

Is anyone else having problems especially when you quote a post when replying?

Apple tells me that this problem happens because HTML programming may not be up to date... And not sure if the forums is current and up to date on HTML programming? Does anyone know?

I'm not sure if it is a glitch in Apple's current update which they claim there's not or if Apple is indeed correct that it's HTML programming not being current.

I didn't have this problem before the new OS4 update by Apple.

Sorry in advance if this is posted in the wrong forum.

Thanks.

Anna

I use to be able to access and type on this forum without any problems and after I updated to Apple's new OS4 upgrade... I have problems posting on this forum.

Is anyone else having problems especially when you quote a post when replying?

Apple tells me that this problem happens because HTML programming may not be up to date... And not sure if the forums is current and up to date on HTML programming? Does anyone know?

I'm not sure if it is a glitch in Apple's current update which they claim there's not or if Apple is indeed correct that it's HTML programming not being current.

I didn't have this problem before the new OS4 update by Apple.

Sorry in advance if this is posted in the wrong forum.

Thanks.

Anna

Hallo,

I just tested out your report with my 3G running ios4 and yeah, seems when I tried to "quote" your text (as I've done here on my laptop) the ios4 web browser (safari) does not allow me to move around in the quoted/reply area.

But, I could "post reply" (button) without any quoted text.

Some forums I'm on have "Tapatalk" installed which allows you to run an app for forum browsing/posting/etc.

-tp

Hallo,

I just tested out your report with my 3G running ios4 and yeah, seems when I tried to "quote" your text (as I've done here on my laptop) the ios4 web browser (safari) does not allow me to move around in the quoted/reply area.

But, I could "post reply" (button) without any quoted text.

Some forums I'm on have "Tapatalk" installed which allows you to run an app for forum browsing/posting/etc.

-tp

But you were able to move around before upgraded to the new OS4 software.

I don't recall ever trying. I mostly use tapatalk...

-tp

Can you use Tapatalk on here? I don't have it so I never tried.

With OS4, I can't respond because you can't scroll through like you mentioned. On previous (older version before new OS4) I am able to. I am able to on a 3.1.3 version software.

I had a long PM that I couldn't respond back on OS4 software but I can on software older version 3.1.3.

Not sure if problem remains on Apple new OS4 software upgrade... Or if the forums is current on HTML programming which Apple claims which is causing the problem. I have problems with another forum too. Not sure if this forum has current HTML programming. If it does, I think the problem falls back onto Apple OS4 update. If not current HTML programming will solve this issue?

All I know is everything worked perfectly fine before Apple's OS4 upgrade.

Are you using the normal bmwmoa.org site, or is there a mobile-specific site? I was actually going to post a suggestion to create a mobile site or iPhone app. I have accessed the regular site on my iPod Touch but it would be great to have a site optimized for these devices.

Are you using the normal bmwmoa.org site, or is there a mobile-specific site? I was actually going to post a suggestion to create a mobile site or iPhone app. I have accessed the regular site on my iPod Touch but it would be great to have a site optimized for these devices.

I'm using regular BMW MOA site via iPhone on Safari browser.

Back