• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Insomnia and Early Morning Rides

jogitu

When I was young I used to think people that were older than me looked tired because they were older. Now I realize they were tired because they never slept. Sleeping aids are not marketed at teens so perhaps this is a sign of getting old, hating work, caring too much about work or too many Starbucks the previous day. I am not sure of the cause or cure but I have discovered one upside, early morning rides.

See I am normally a night owl. As long as I can remember I have stayed up past the late night talk shows before nodding off. In college I did not bother getting up until the crack of noon. Let's face it for a night time loving TV addict sunrise is not any part of the curriculum. With insomnia however the sun is just a welcome distraction from early morning paid programming.

Sadly Fall is kicking into gear and soon the snow machine of Lake Michigan will start it's engine. Until that does happen I am taking advantage of this sleeplessness to ride as the sun rises in the east and illuminates the smoke on the water. I have never been what you call an eternal optimist but I am making the best of my current stock of lemons. One of the joys of riding for me is the beauty of nature I uncover traveling to new places in this great country of ours or to our friends in the north. Now I can make lemonade by discovering the beauty tucked away under the rising sun in my own backyard. After all, I have never seen it from that perspective before now.

Only one question if this insomnia continues into winter. Do I buy a snowmobile?

I say.........get a dependable snow machine, put a BMW emblem on both sides, and drive the locals nuts as they try to figure out what those Germans are up to now! :dance

Back