• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Good morning from... Italy

adrinow

Good morning everyone,
I just joined the MOA. I really liked the spirit and seriousness of your club so I decided to join. I think I will learn a lot here about our beloved BMWs. For the moment it will be difficult to meet live... since I write and live in Italy, Lake Como. My faithful two-wheeler is a 2012 G650GS. A bike that I bought last autumn and with which I have covered around 3000 beautiful miles to date. Keep in mind that I got my motorcycle license in May 2022 at the age of 51. Until then I had never driven or owned one! So this 650 is perfect for me as i like the line, it's reliable and gives me security, as i am a beginner!. Greetings. Adriano

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum!

“Our” news has been reporting that it’s been hot in Italy like the states. Hope you are still enjoying your ride.

Enjoy the forum.

Gary

Good Afternoon, Adriano, from the Tennessee River valley.

Okay, I now understand that you’re enjoying a New-2-You G650GS [couldn’t quite make it out on The Feed]! Happy travels in your corner of this overheated planet. We were recently in your city in May, having found a room for the night at the deluxe Hotel Griso... :eat We certainly enjoyed a delicious pizza dinner and a bottle Etna Rosso wine at the Covo Nord Ovest Risto Pub nearby.
https://restaurantguru.it/Covo-Nord-Ovest-Malgrate

Now that’s a deluxe Prosciutto pizza!
Image-10.jpeg

Look us up the next time you’re passing near north Alabama!!! We’ll Ride-2-Eat as best we’re able... :wave

We’re not too far from Leeds, AL; home to the world-class Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum.
https://www.barbermuseum.org/the-barber-story/

Happy Trails whenever U can - Ciao!
HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen
USAF-Ret'd — & — USN-Ret’d

'75 R90S ————— '82 R100CS
’09 KLX250S ——— ’08 CRF230L
'14 K-GT ————— '16 R1200RS
’05 Vespa 200L
:beer

Your marvelous home region

Welcome, it is great to see a new member that lives outside the USA.

I spent about a week riding all around your beautiful home region, while staying in Persone, near Lago Garda. The riding in the back country roads is fantastic!

If it were not for my 7 grandchildren, I could definitely see my wife and I living out our days there.

Hope to meet you someday.

Ian

Welcome!

Greetings Adriano!
I have many great riding memories from your corner of the world. I was lucky to spend a couple years in Verona and still miss it!

EP

Welcome Adriano! I also started riding about the same age as you. Hope you will share some pictures of the bike and your region of Italy.

Back