• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

I'm Back! New To Me Bike - BMR Products

Thanks for the welcome Randy. Don't know that we've met or not but I'd guess along the road, we will.

Good shot of the system. I didn't get the V1 cover because I swap it between the bike and car. I have the J&M radio that I'm considering a mount location for and the XM antenna will go on the left shelf on mine.

The parts I needed arrived yesterday and the GPS is already mounted. From the "whooden, whooden" position on the bike in the garage - no worries - no one saw or heard me....:whistle - the mounting position is perfect for me.

Good shot of the system. I didn't get the V1 cover because I swap it between the bike and car. I have the J&M radio that I'm considering a mount location for and the XM antenna will go on the left shelf on mine.

Probably something they didn't teach you at BMR school: With some Velcro type stuff you can use the under side of those wings as well. I bought a metal case for my iPod and mounted it under the left side. It's also a perfect spot for the Garmin XM antenna/tuner on the top side.

Attachments

• iPod mount.jpg
    iPod mount.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 79
I'm calling Brett. He never told me about the school.!!. :banghead

I really don't have anything else I want up there but I'll sure keep that in mind.

I've got the same setup on my '09 Rt, except I added the touratech locking black GPS mount to the BMR GPS tilt mount.

If I stop for coffee or a potty break, the Zumo 665 is locked on the bike!

I have the V1 velcroed on, since I also use it in the car, but may buy the BMR box and buy a new one for the car!

Last edited:
Just as a side note for anyone using or considering a zumo 665.

It must be wired switched. The 665 unlike previous models draws .25 Amp even when completly turned off if wired always hot (Unswitched side of a fuse block/ Centech AP-2 or to the battery)

This will drain your battery fairly quickly.

Even though we have never met, welcome back and congrats on the new ride.

See me in Redmond, the first beer is on me. :thumb

Even though we have never met, welcome back and congrats on the new ride.

See me in Redmond, the first beer is on me. :thumb

Oh I'll find you for certain, you smooth talking rascal you..........:buds

Thanks for the welcome - I look forward to meeting you Sir.

Back