• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

HVMP bar ends

brownie0486

I ordered a pair of these to replace the lighter bar ends on the RS presently. I'm getting quite a bit of vibration at certain rpm's which on longer trips puts my throttle hand to sleep. The longer and heavier [ 17.2 ounce ] HVMP bar ends may held reduce the harmonics a little more.

For 97.75 delivered, I think they are worth giving them a try. If they dampen the vibration a little, they'll have been worth trying them.

Anyone using them presently? He's a one man operation with a machinist who works and makes them for him out of NY

http://www.hvmp.com/BMW-s/5.htm

I've had them on my RT for 6 yrs, and definately worth it, although they were less expensive when I got them. :thumb

Ordered a pair!

I learned something new today and looking forward to improving my riding experience. :) My hands are still tingling a bit from last weekend’s 200 mile ride…

Michael

I put them on my '15 RT this year and I find they provide a significant reduction in vibration and hand fatigue.

Damon

I have these heavier HVMP bar ends on my 2018 RT. The bar ends seem to make the riding more comfortable. I also have placed the grip puppies over the grips.

https://www.amazon.com/Grip-Puppy-Comfort-Grips-Original/dp/B00CP9ADD8

On several of my other BMWs I have the grooved tapered grips (as shown below). I find these grooved grips to be most excellent for long and short rides. I did not care for the skinny grips on the wethead RT. Alas, the grooved grips appear to not be available for the wethead RT. Sometimes I use the HVMP bar ends as a temporary "grip" .

32721458395_3_B.jpg

I ordered a pair of these to replace the lighter bar ends on the RS presently. I'm getting quite a bit of vibration at certain rpm's which on longer trips puts my throttle hand to sleep. The longer and heavier [ 17.2 ounce ] HVMP bar ends may held reduce the harmonics a little more.

For 97.75 delivered, I think they are worth giving them a try. If they dampen the vibration a little, they'll have been worth trying them.

Anyone using them presently? He's a one man operation with a machinist who works and makes them for him out of NY

http://www.hvmp.com/BMW-s/5.htm

I've been thinking about looking for heavier bar ends. I have Illium Works risers on my 1250RT and the grips have a more vibration with the risers. I think I will give these a try. Thanks for posting!

Update: I just ordered a pair for my RT :D

Last edited:
They do stick out a little longer than the stock bar ends, so I had to get used to seeing them more prominently in the mirrors.

Damon

I put them on my 2017 RT about two years ago based on Moshe's recommendation. Initially, I was able to notice the dampening effect on bar vibrations. The improvement was well worth the cost. Now I don't even think about it.

Back