• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

How do I get all the gas out of the tank?

Y

Yeti

I've taken then tank off my bike a '95 R1100R. I was able to drain most of the gas out but there's still a bit in there and I can't seem to get it to slosh over to where it will drain out the hoses.

Any suggestions??

Apparently I forgot to mention that I would like to keep my house and garage in their current condition. :doh

So, does anyone have a suggestion that doesn't involve an open flame??

FWIW, I already tried that anyways. I thought just a little bit of gas would come out of the lines when I pulled them off and only had a small jar handy. :laugh

HONEY!!!! Can you bring me a gas can? NOW?? Before the gas gets to the water heater . . . :bolt

not sure if your bike has a balance tube between the left and right sides, but i was able to get most of the gas out of my 99 R11S that way, what little was left didn't really concern me. if you really need to get out every last drop you might just have to drain as much as you can and leave it out in the sun with the cap open.

Get a piece of fuel line with an inline priming pump bulb, such as you find with outboard motors. Fish the hose down into the puddle of fuel and pump as much as you can. Reposition the hose and repeat. Then leave the rest to evaporate.

Back