• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

How can I get " Factory Window Sticker" for my RT

How can I get " Factory Window Sticker" for my RT

Not sure about the price, but there are sites where you can see all the specs, OEM factory installed options, etc.

Just need to punch in your VIN.

Tapatalk

I don't think motorcycles have a Monroney sticker, but my dealer provides the factory "build" sheet and can always run the VIN in the warranty query, which pulls up the same info.

This will provide most of what you are looking for https://www.mdecoder.com/

strataj et al - This is the message I've been receiving lately from the mdecoder website when I've entered a VIN.

"You have reached a daily limit for using decoder service.

Dealers are invited to test our professional decoder - https://www.outvin.com"​

For years it was good but those days seem to be gone.

strataj et al - This is the message I've been receiving lately from the mdecoder website when I've entered a VIN.

Same here !

Chances are the dealer that originally sold the bike has a copy. It’s a fairly new bike.
OM

Well that stinks, however it's still working for me I'm able to bring up my 14R1200RT, the original poster should give it a try.

It did not provide the options on my 2016 R1200RS.
It just provides basic info like year and model of bike.

Lee, did you scroll all the way down the page below the block of advertising? Back when it still worked for me (doesn’t anymore) that’s where I would find the optional equipment.

Lee, did you scroll all the way down the page below the block of advertising? Back when it still worked for me (doesn’t anymore) that’s where I would find the optional equipment.

I guess I didn't :)
This time when I scroll down I see all the optional equipment on my bike.
I printed the information.
Turns out my bike is right hand drive. All this time I've been sitting in the middle :)

Bike options.png

Bike options (2).png

Turns out my bike is right hand drive. All this time I've been sitting in the middle :)
QUOTE]

So the right-hand drive is relevant to headlight aiming.
Headlights are designed to be aimed at the side of the road away from traffic at dipped beam (Low beam in the US).
However, when you drive into a left-hand drive country, like the UK, now your headlights are shining into oncoming traffic.

Used to be when you drive a right-hand drive car (or bike) into a left-hand drive country, (Ex. Belgium or France into the UK) you were required to affix headlight blocking/filtering stickers to your lights. This ensured you did not blind oncoming drivers. Now, most cars have functions that will permit digital adjustment of their lights to shine to the opposite side of the road.

Did I bore you, or did this help?

QUOTE]

Headlights are designed to be aimed at the side of the road away from traffic at dipped beam (Low beam in the US).
However, when you drive into a left-hand drive country, like the UK, now your headlights are shining into oncoming traffic.

Used to be when you drive a right-hand drive car (or bike) into a left-hand drive country, (Ex. Belgium or France into the UK) you were required to affix headlight blocking/filtering stickers to your lights. This ensured you did not blind oncoming drivers. Now, most cars have functions that will permit digital adjustment of their lights to shine to the opposite side of the road.

There is truth in what you are describing. It is especially true for the GS BMW models, which have an asymmetric headlight configuration. My manual specifically describes the requirement to make this adjustment.

But in the case of the "right hand drive" being described here in the standard and optional equipment list, I believe they are referring to the side of the bike on which the chain or driveshaft is located. E.g., my prior Honda had its chain drive on the left side, and was described as "left hand drive", whereas my current BMW has its chain/sprockets on right and is described as "right hand drive."

But in the case of the "right hand drive" being described here in the standard and optional equipment list, I believe they are referring to the side of the bike on which the chain or driveshaft is located. E.g., my prior Honda had its chain drive on the left side, and was described as "left hand drive", whereas my current BMW has its chain/sprockets on right and is described as "right hand drive."

Quick, someone with a USA camhead run their VIN and see if it's a left-hand drive! :D

QUOTE]

And the K1600 models with the adaptive headlight can be switched from right hand drive to left hand drive if you take your bike overseas. Pretty cool!

Back