• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Hiya from Camarillo, CA

pmosin

My 97 F650 is my first and only bike, been riding casually for 7 years or so. Been a part of Chain Gang since then, but figured it would be a good time to join and meet some more folks.

Located in Camarillo, CA. Do all my wrenching myself, even though I don't consider myself very mechanical. In fact, until I got my F the most wrenching I did was a few oil changes on my car + 1 thermostat replacement many years ago on a Corolla. Working on my F has helped me build my mechanical confidence.

In any case, happy to be here, hope to meet some of you out there soon! I'll be heading cross country shortly, more info on that + trip write up to come.

Glad to have you aboard! Where are you headed on your trip? Do you like to get off-road or like to put on longer distance miles?

Glad to have you aboard! Where are you headed on your trip? Do you like to get off-road or like to put on longer distance miles?

Hi there Kurt,

I'm doing the southern route CA-AZ-NM-TX-LA-FL, then up the east coast, then back the northern route through PA-OH-IL-SD-MT-WY-ID-OR. In this case it will be 90% or more road miles. This will be my longest ride to date. I've done some off road locally (Santa Barbara area) and a longer trip thru Death Valley, looking to build my skills more. Seems my on-off road split these days is 90-10.

I'll have a link to my blog available soon.

--Pete

Ride report

So my ride is underway, see

http://xc2012.blogspot.com

In Sedona right now. Having some bike issues with fuel system, but should be able to make it back to Flagstaff where I'm staying.

BTW how do I find the info on the anonymous list?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back