• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Highway pegs

fletchdude

Nice thread on crash bars but I didn't notice any highway pegs. I don't like the look but I wouldn't mind adding some just for long trips on the slab. The ones I like are made by Ilium. Sort of pricy and I wonder if it helps. I usually just stretch my legs as I go but it would be nice to have something to rest my legs.

I see they make floorboards as well.

Last edited:
I have the Ztechnik cylinder protectors (crash bars? Ouch) and just added a set of highway pegs from Cycle Gear to the bottom bar that cost $35 - They do the job.

YMMV,
Ski

Ilium here too. Just got back from one week/2000 miles. I like the pegs a lot. However, I noticed that to be fully on the rubber tread of the peg, my legs were waaay spread. (I'm about 5" 9" tall, if that matters) I like the pivot feature, I could flex my ankles as the pad rotates. I could almost get the back of my heel up on the peg to really stretch out...

Ilium here too. Just got back from one week/2000 miles. I like the pegs a lot. However, I noticed that to be fully on the rubber tread of the peg, my legs were waaay spread. (I'm about 5" 9" tall, if that matters) I like the pivot feature, I could flex my ankles as the pad rotates. I could almost get the back of my heel up on the peg to really stretch out...

Yup I throw my foot on top of the peg at times also. (6'4"/36" inseam) which is kind of like the 'calf racks' I had on my R1200C where my calfs would be sitting on top an engine guard that provided a shelf just over the engine heads.

Thanks for the advice. I ordered the Ilium versitile pegs for my Wnderlich crash bars. However, if they don't come in time for my trip I'll get the cheap ones from Cycle Gear. I can always mount them on the John Deere later.

I'm confused about the mounting of Ilium pegs. I do not have a bar on my 14 RTW. Is there a pic of another kind of mount?

Back