• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Heritage Ride Lodging Information -

copilot

Tina Doggett
Hello Rolling Rally participants. Please check this site regularly for updated lodging information. The Rolling Rally gang is working hard to make this a great memory for everyone. Remember though, this is your ride. You aren't obligated to stay at these selected locations. Sites are selected based on the size of our group and available dining. With that said, here's day 1.

Sunday, July 19. Lexington, VA. We have selected the Natural Bridge KOA.
We have a group campsite. Your cost: $5/person plus tax. It doesn't matter how many tents we have. Included are firepits and picnic tables.

If you prefer to stay in a camping cabin, I have held the last 8 that are available.
2 - 1 room cabins at $44/night with no A/C (beds for 4 people)
2 - 1 room cabins at $51/night with A/C (beds for 4 people)
2 - 1 room cabins at $48/night with A/C (close to restrooms) (beds for 4 people)
2 - 2 room cabins at $65/night with A/C (beds for 6 people)

THESE CABINS WILL BE HELD FOR OUR GROUP ONLY UNTIL JUNE 19TH

Prices are based on 2 people. Additional people are $4.50 each. Bring in your own sleeping bags. These cabins are basically sleeping lodges only. May be an attractive alternative to setting up the tent but still less expensive than a motel.

If you want to rent a camping cabin call: 1.800.562.8514. Select your cabin and say you are with the BMW Rolling Rally. These prices are discounted just for our group.

www.naturalbridgekoa.com

Mark and Tina Doggett
Rolling Rally Hosts:boldpurpl

If it's raining....but I'm looking for a faster tent right now and am going to go that route. Nice options though.

July 22nd - Bob's BMW

July 22: Jessup, MD. A bar-be-cue party is being held at Bob's BMW in Jessup, MD for the Heritage Riders. We will have bar-be-cue along with all the extras including beverages of the non-alcoholic variety.

Lodging Info: Bob's BMW will allow 35 bikes to camp on-site. To sign up for this FREE camping, email me: tinarashell333@yahoo.com to hold your spot. I will confirm receipt of your email. This is limited to 35.

Bob's will provide plenty of pastries, donuts and coffee the following morning at no charge. A hospitality room has been secured for showers the next morning- (with a suggested donation of $3/shower)

Special rates have been secured at the Sleep Inn - 2 miles from Bob's BMW. The cost is $79/room. Please call Monday-Friday 9-5. Ask for Nutan. You must mention that you are with the event at Bob's BMW to get the discount rate. The hotel is 3 years old. You'll have a free continental breakfast w/free coffee 24-7. Near the hotel is a gas station, strip shopping center with a few food places, convenience store, liquor store, etc.

Sleep Inn
8145 Washington Blvd
Jessup, MD 20794
410-799-7794

As a side note: Bob's BMW will do everything possible to open up their Service Schedule. If you have any service needs, even as simple as oil changes, tires, etc. please call in advance so Bob's BMW has techs and supplies waiting. Bob's BMW - 301-497-8949

Please reserve your room asap. This is a small hotel with 54 rooms.

Tina
Rolling Rally host:dance

Thanks

How about a round of applause for these "Doggett People" for doing so much to set this up!

Mike C:clap :clap

Enthusiastic volunteers are the lifeblood of the BMW MOA.
Thanks, Mark and Tina, for putting this together!

:D

Motel Planning

Thanks Doggett's for the ride!! I was wondering what to do and where to go between rallies.

I am not a camper. From the info you have provided, I have reserved a room very close to the KOA at Natural Bridge and at the Sleep Inn near Bob's BMW.

Any additional clues for the stop locations for July 20- 21, would be appreciated.

Larry Cardo
Mentor, OH

If you pre-registered for the Heritage Ride, you will receive a packet at the MOA National of suggested routes for each day. In addition, you'll receive information on side trips and sight-seeing. We have a great group of riders working hard to provide us with some awesome riding suggestions.

We can't forget - we also have the bar-be-que dinner at Bob's BMW on Wedneday night. All of this for $35.

Tina

Number Registered ?

Does any one know how many of the 100 slots are filled?

It would be interesting to know every once in a while until all 100 slots are filled.

Mike C

That's it? 49? I would have thought this thing would have sold out in less than a week. Oh well, more space for us to spread out the tents and more BBQ at Bob's. :thumb

I think some may be waiting to see the lodging and evening stops unfold. Also, some may be waiting until closer to the time to figure out their plans.

Still will be a great time!

Tina:bikes

And how are those stops coming along? I'm excited & want to start planning my route NOW! lol:dance

:p So you're planning your own route. Why wouldn't you want people that already live in those areas planning your route? But hey, this is your ride. Don't forget, when you pick up your Rolling Rally packets at the MOA National this year, you will get "suggested" routes.

It will be quite interesting to see what areas everyone covers when we get together each evening, won't it?
Tina

Day 3 - July 21st - Cambridge, Maryland

Well, we've finally pulled Day 3 together. We've searched high and low and wide and far and just couldn't come up with a campground for 100 of our closest friends. Mostly, RV parks. So gang, we're suggesting..............(do whatever you want though) you take this evening to stay in a motel. Get up early and head over to Bob's BMW and take the suggested routes to see Washington, DC. We'll have such a big day of sightseeing that we'll want to get an early start.

So given that here's what we found.

America's Best Value Inn/Cambridge Inn. 2831 Ocean Gateway, Cambridge, MD
We have a rate of $50/night for 2. Please call direct: 410.221.0800. Tell them you are with the BMW Rolling Rally to get this price.

Prices are being held til July 1st.

As an alternative, their is a B&B where you can have the "Whole House Special", 6 rooms for $650/night with continental breakfast, coffee, juice, muffins, etc. This is a $350 savings off the regular rate. You can sleep 10-15 depending on how you work it out.
The Inn on Locust Street Call Tom at 410.961.3321.
http://www.bbonline.com/md/locust/index.html

For a group get together at dinner: we're suggesting: The Suicide Bridge Restaurant. Take a look at the website. We'll get a great feel for the area. Plus you can order sandwiches or a buffet.

www.suicidebridge.com

To be continued...........

PS - feel free to use the forum to connect with other potential roommates at the hotel.

Mark and Tina:dance

Thanks!

Thanks Mark and Tina for all your hard work putting this together. Sherri and I are looking forward to the ride and meeting new motorcycle friends. This event wouldnÔÇÖt be possible without your efforts.
I called and made reservations at the America's Best Value Inn/Cambridge Inn, great price.
We did notice nothing is said about Monday. Hope you come up with something interesting. Good luck.
Hal & Sherri

Still working on Monday's lodging. As soon as we have it together, we'll get it posted. Thank you for joining us.

Tina;)

Don't mean anything by thinking out routes. Just want to look ahead & see if I have any relatives I can visit (read: do laundry for free ;) in the areas. I will be calling the hotel in Cambridge before the morning is over.
Certainly appreciate all the hard work that is going into this planning stage. This will be great!

Back