• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Help understanding my ABS system?

F

fdiggins

I am trying to understand how my ABS system is set up on my R1200S 07, built 6/06. I think there not linked and that i have abs operation with both the rear brake and the front brake. If someone could lead me to reading material or a good explanation would be appreciated. Thank You:bikes

Aren't the new non-servo brakes still partially linked?

BMW's Partial-Integral adaptive braking system. Both brakes -- front and rear -- are activated whenever the rider pulls the handlebar-mounted lever, but only the rear brake is activated by the foot pedal.

ABS only activates on the slipping wheel even when the "handlebar-mounted lever" is applied - I think?

Dave

Back