• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Help, Fuel smell around filler neck/cap

BB16112324336...pretty sure the digits are the BMW part #. Notice I didn't say "I'm positive"...

It will be interesting to see if the orange filler tube will work on your tank. Keeping my fingers crossed...

BB16112324336...pretty sure the digits are the BMW part #. Notice I didn't say "I'm positive"...

It will be interesting to see if the orange filler tube will work on your tank. Keeping my fingers crossed...

When I plugged that number (16112324336) into the search box no results came up so I wasn't sure. However I think you are right. If you format it correctly in the search (16 11 2 324 336) it shows this result:

Part Number Description lb Each
16112324336 FILLER CAP 0.41 NANo Longer Available (NLA) since 06/2008
16112324336 was superseded by 16117685458.

That does look to be the one needed.

Well I got the orange filler and it doesn't work for one reason. the vent tube is right up against the lip and pushed the neck to the right. So it won't center. the old one the vent is located down 1in or more. Oh well had to order the cap from BeemerBoneyard. Only 96.94.

Bummer. Hope the cap solves the problem as expected.

Then maybe you could sell the old cap and filler tube as a matched set.

Another option is to replace the cap with a non-locking one.

Made with the finest prison labor of the best Chinesium material. For $26, it's pretty nice.

I have one on my '09 GSA and my '12 K1600.

J

Back