• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

HELP! 2020 R1250RS wiring diagram and some repair manual pages needed

I want to install a set of Hyper lites on my R1250RS and need the rear section wiring diagram as well as the manual instructions for removal of the tail/brake light and rear turn signals. Can anyone share? My factory repair manual is on back order. TIA

I want to install a set of Hyper lites on my R1250RS and need the rear section wiring diagram as well as the manual instructions for removal of the tail/brake light and rear turn signals. Can anyone share? My factory repair manual is on back order. TIA
Unfortunately, the factory workshop manual does not have a wiring diagram. All it has are illustrations showing where the various wiring harnesses run. I have done many searches for a wiring diagram for my 1250RT to no avail.

That being said, I would not buy a product like Hyper Lites without first confirming that they have good installation documentation with the kit, because, you know, the lack of wiring diagrams for the 1250s and 1200 wetheads.

When I've bought HyperLites for myself or for friends' bikes, they always came with decent instructions.

As for the wiring's colors, I can't say for the "newer" bikes, but historically, BMW has been fairly consistent with keeping the European/Bosch wire color codes, so actual hookup oughta be pretty easy to figger out.

For the tail section, the details in the on-line parts fiche at Max's show the little parts... https://shop.maxbmw.com/fiche/DiagramsMain.aspx?vid=60525&rnd=09082020 and see Section 46.

I installed Hyper lites on my '18 RT and it was an easy job once I had access to inside the tail section as the wiring function became self evident. My factory repair manual provided the map for accessing that without needlessly disassembly of some body parts. Once I can get into the tail light/brake light/turn signals it'll be ez pezy. Hopefully someone on here has the RS factory repair manual and can share the necessary pages. 🙏

Back