• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Helmet Visor Wiper

9335.JPG

098150d246061a02574efb22320ac341.jpg

A lot of gloves have a visor wiper pon the index finger... the one on my Tourmasters works fine

glove.jpg

My 2 cents worth.

Post #1
Good for trying. It probably works though everyone is a skeptic and that will kill anything. Too bad you must go to this extreme because no one has developed real face shields that repel water. The most antiquated thing about motorcycle gear is a faceshield. This one might be the forerunner to what everyone worth their salt will be wearing in a year or 2. You never know.

Post#3
Thanks, I'll probably buy some sometime. I used to buy them but the price went way up and out of a pack of 3 only 1 was the right size and would not cut of the circulation. Lost way too many too.
Didn't I just see one that was adjustable and around $12 ?

Post #9
All real street or touring gloves should have these in the left index finger. Why don't we demand it on all of the hundreds of gloves on the market, until a real face shield is developed ?

I make my own wipers because I want to see ! I don't loose as many with the little tabs when I attach them with Velcro.

image.jpeg

I always ask other riders what they do in the rain and you get all sorts of answers. From turning your head from side to side to wiping with the leather finger to "I really don't have a problem". Bull. I think those people don't ride in the rain and don't want to admit it. I don't like it either. But it's necessary sometimes and never as bad as the thought of it.

I want to see ! It's a convience and safety thing.
So y'all keep working on a solution.

Charlie

I use gloves with the wiper on occasion, the blade is pretty small.

Started using this stuff a few years back, the bottle lasts a long time and takes up little space in a sidecase. Re-apply depending on how much visor cleaning with Plexus has happened in bug storms.

353-2031.jpeg

A quick head turn blows almost all water off if behind a taller screen, on the shorter screens it works straight on.

I just use RainX. No mechanical complexity at all. It just works. I've never seen any deterioration to my visor in over 100,000 miles. I've grown to depend on it so much, I have a bottle at work, and one at home so if I find I'm at one end of the commute or another and the water isn't coming off well, I can reapply some.

As a commuter in Seattle, if you aren't willing to ride in the rain, you don't ride. It either has rained, is raining, or will rain.

Chris

Aerostich sells several types of visor squeegees....they attach to the left thumb.

The RT Method

Took me a while to think of this, but the electrical raise/lower ability on newer RTs lets you lower the screen and allow a blast of air to clean the visor. Not a perfect solution, but it works for me most times.

I just use RainX. No mechanical complexity at all. It just works. I've never seen any deterioration to my visor in over 100,000 miles.

I've use RainX on my vehicles and the shower glass for years.

You should advise RainX of the market they're missing out on. Their website specifically warns against using RainX on plexiglas or polycarbonates. But they do have a "new" plastic formula Rainx ( I wonder if it's the same old stuff in a new bottle) :dunno

https://www.rainx.com/product/plastic-water-repellent/rain-x-plastic-water-repellent/

RX_620036-Plastic-Treat-12oz_100-605x1024.png

Anyone use the Plastic Formula RainX on a Shoei visor ? I don't think that they have a coating but sometimes you don't find out till it's too late.

I hope this stuff works. I remember writing them and suggesting the motorcycle visor market was in dire need of any technical advancement in rain visibility. I'm sure they were already working on this product as it may be good for Formula I to millions and millions of scooters. That's a pretty large market.

Oh please please, I hope it works. I can finally tell the snake oil salesmen at the vendors tent that "yes you may clean my glasses, but I not going to buy". I have bought those concoctions plenty throughout my riding career because I wanted a solution so bad I keep thinking "this may be the one". A fool and his money really are easily parted. Actually I have passed on the last 2 or 3 opportunities but I like having clean glasses. If the RainX Plastic doesn't work, I hope that it will clean glasses really well. It was less than $5 on Amazon
Charlie

I just use RainX. No mechanical complexity at all. It just works. I've never seen any deterioration to my visor in over 100,000 miles. I've grown to depend on it so much, I have a bottle at work, and one at home so if I find I'm at one end of the commute or another and the water isn't coming off well, I can reapply some.

As a commuter in Seattle, if you aren't willing to ride in the rain, you don't ride. It either has rained, is raining, or will rain.

Chris

Yes that reminds me. Vancouver, like Seattle, it only rained twice last year. Once for 8 months and once for four months. :)

Some of the reviews on Amazon shows it does not work as well as regular Rainx.

Well then, it probably is the old formula in a new package, and some just thinks it isn't as good.. .. My MultiTec visor needs to be replaced, might as well try the "real" RainX I have on it.

Back